Client Experience Senior Software Engineer
About Digital Asset
Digital Asset is at the forefront of innovation in blockchain technology. As the industry-leading software company, we specialize in creating and deploying sophisticated blockchain applications that are revolutionizing the way businesses operate. Our pioneering creation, Daml, stands as the backbone of smart contract platforms on the Canton Network.
Today, we work along with some of the largest companies in the world to harness the transformative power of smart contracts – a component of the distributed ledger technology (DLT) stack – to change the way applications are developed, deployed, and used to solve real-world business challenges.
Digital Asset (DA) is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we aim to maintain the grounded, dynamic, collaborative, and pragmatic approach that has defined our efforts. If you want to help develop and deliver novel solutions with enormous impact, this opportunity may be for you!
The estimated salary range for this role, based in our New York City office, is $180,000 to $210,000. The range may vary if based outside the New York tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut). Base salaries are determined during our interview process, during which we assess the candidate's experience, skills and capabilities against internal peers and the scope and responsibilities of the position.
The Digital Asset Client Experience (“CX”) Team works with enterprise clients to enable financial institutions and organizations to bring efficient, modern and scalable Daml based solutions for multi-party workflows into production. CX Team members provide services to a large and diverse set of clients, and are involved in the end-to-end client relationship from pre-sales and business development, requirements and solution design, through to software delivery and implementation.
As part of this team, the Senior Software Engineer is responsible for defining and applying solution design concerns for Digital Asset’s clients and partners. The Senior Software Engineer has the opportunity to work directly with global and local clients and partner organizations to solve real-world problems and advance business-differentiating solutions. We are looking for someone that is an experienced hands-on engineer who will identify and define Daml solutions to solve real business problems involving multi-party workflows, for and with clients and partners. The Senior Software Engineer will work with project teams to structure technical design and architecture into solutions. In doing so, the Senior Software Engineer will be an expert in using all facets of Digital Asset products as well as with critical cross cutting concerns such as devops, performance and security testing. To do this, the Senior Software Engineer will need to fit with DA culture, be highly technically proficient at writing code in Daml and other languages such as Java, Scala, Haskell, F#, or Python. Additionally, the Senior Software Engineer must have extensive client interaction experience and broad experience in production based enterprise systems architecture and delivery.
- Become an expert in applying Daml and our developer tools to identify and solve client workflow opportunities / problems with pragmatic and efficient code.
- Be able to assist clients in their use of Daml models, development, and integrations.
- Lead technical aspects of client engagements, from documentation to discussions and demonstrations to execution of client mandates, incorporating best practices in Daml products, technical concepts and design.
- Provide technical leadership to CX Engineer and partner resources aligned to client engagements and delivery excellence.
- Work closely with internal product and engineering teams to provide feedback from customer delivery experience as well as assess new products and features for use in client engagements.
- Influence our Daml products and developer tools to support our sales/pre-sales process with comprehensive answers to technical questions.
- Develop formal models of business processes and propose innovative improvements to them through pragmatic and efficient code; Contribute to the evolution of Daml and our developer tools.
- Strong hands-on, software engineering on large-scale projects; proficient in one or more functional programming languages e.g. Scala, Haskell, F#, ideally in a production environment.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading technical resources, and collaborating with others in a dynamic, fast-paced, pressured environment.
- A careful blend of creativity and pragmatism, as Digital Asset is part of a community bootstrapping a technology and demand for the technology while simultaneously on tight delivery timelines.
- Exceptional communication skills, comfortable presenting complex concepts in front of client audiences, both technical and non-technical; Ability to effectively summarize and present findings to senior level executives within Digital Asset and at clients.
- Excellent computer science fundamentals; command of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns with ability to fluently translate them into working, elegant code.
- Skilled in leading and working within an Agile environment, including participation in daily scrum meetings, backlog management, sprint definition, and retrospectives, preferably within a global team.
If you see yourself being successful in this role, please do not allow a few missing qualifications to keep you from applying. You could be the right person for this opportunity, and applying is the only way we will know.
Connect With Us
This is a rare opportunity to help define an industry and join a dynamic team of technology innovators.
Digital Asset is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.