Regional Director (Americas)
Demyst is a global SaaS business, providing the platform that leading enterprises across the globe trust to centralize and manage all of their external data needs; and we’re scaling rapidly.
We believe that external data is the next frontier of business impact, and have made it our goal to unlock the potential of external data for our customers.
Today, over 80% of external data projects fail. Demyst helps our clients to navigate the external data minefield, enabling them to scalably manage their expanding use of external data, drive operational efficiency, and power their competitive advantage.
We partner closely with clients, providing the technology and team of experts needed to discover the right external data, onboard and deploy it easily and compliantly, and manage its use across their entire organization.
If you share our belief that external data is the next frontier of business impact, Demyst could be your new home.
As Commercial Director, United States, you will be responsible for establishing a beachhead within the region, including building on current clients, capturing new clients, building a regional product proposition, and recruiting and leading a go to market team. You will be rewarded ARR and market success.
Demyst’s target market is Tier 1 Banks & Insurers; typical buyers are Chief Data Officers and their teams; and deals have an enterprise sales size, length, and complexity. Working with internal technical subject matter and data experts you will lead the strategy, activity, and closing of new sales motions across your target accounts.
To achieve objectives, you will need to gain an intimate knowledge of your clients, and as such should expect to spend significant time traveling within the US to be onsite with them. You will be the voice of your customers internally and should keep up to date with the latest industry trends and topics.
You will undergo a thorough onboarding program, learning independently and from colleagues with deep technical know-how from across the world. You will have great benefits, autonomy, and flexibility in work, with unlimited upside reflecting the value you can deliver to customers.
Demyst is a remote first business, with staff situated across the globe. This role requires significant travel within the US, and as such, you will need to be based in the United States, within commutable distance of a major airport to facilitate travel.
You will be responsible for the client relationship(s) and revenue. Key responsibilities are:
- Prospecting from cold, generating referrals, and nurturing leads
- Needs identification, deal qualification, sales, and closing 6 and 7 figure deals
- Strategic client project delivery and executive oversight
- Recruiting and leading a go to market team
- Forecasting, CRM management, and account planning
- Coordination with global functions including product and regionalization of offering
- A natural hunter, with 5+ years enterprise sales experience (SaaS, Software, or Data Management solutions preferred)
- Experience selling into Banking, Insurance, and FinTech industries, with a strong understanding of the core functions and roles within the client, as well as the external factors and strategic goals across the industry
- Demonstrable success in meeting and exceeding 7-figure sales quotas; and a proven ability to drive large, complex sales from start to finish, utilizing excellent communication, written, and presentation skills
- Proficient enough technically to understand both client & Demyst data architecture, tools, and workflows - coordinating with technical pre-sales to propose Demyst deployment patterns
- Proven stakeholder management and engagement - up, down, and across the client organization, and within Demyst
- Strong ability to influence through thought leadership and consultation at all levels within global, matrixed organizations
- Excellent listening skills, a polished interpersonal style, and strong emotional intelligence
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) in a relevant field; MBA preferred
- Be based and have a right to work in the United States, and be situated within driving distance of a major airport to facilitate travel
- Prior knowledge of enterprise sales methodologies (e.g., MEDDPICC) desirable
- Distributed team and culture, with fully flexible working hours and location
- Collaborative, inclusive, and dynamic culture
- Generous benefits and compensation plans
- ESOP awards available for tenured staff
- Join an established, and scaling data technology business
- Operate at the forefront of the external data industry, and work with the largest industry players in an emerging field that is fueling growth and technological advancement globally
- Have an outsized impact in a rapidly growing team, offering real autonomy and responsibility for client outcomes
- Stretch yourself to help define and support something entirely new
Demyst is committed to creating a diverse, rewarding career environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We strongly encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.