Data Engineer (United States)
Demyst unlocks innovation with the power of data. Our platform helps enterprises solve strategic use cases, including lending, risk, digital origination, and automation, by harnessing the power and agility of the external data universe. We are known for harnessing rich, relevant, integrated, linked data to deliver real value in production. We operate as a distributed team across the globe and serve over 50 clients as a strategic external data partner. Frictionless external data adoption within digitally advancing enterprises is unlocking market growth and allowing solutions to finally get out of the lab. If you like actually to get things done and deployed, Demyst is your new home.
As a Data Engineer at Demyst, you will be powering the latest technology at leading financial institutions around the world. You may be solving a fintech's fraud problems or crafting a Fortune 500 insurer's marketing campaigns. Using innovative data sets and Demyst's software architecture, you will use your expertise and creativity to build best-in-class solutions. You will see projects through from start to finish, assisting in every stage from testing to integration.
To meet these challenges, you will access data using Demyst's proprietary Python library via our JupyterHub servers, and utilize our cloud infrastructure built on AWS, including Athena, Lambda, EMR, EC2, S3, and other products. For analysis, you will leverage AutoML tools, and for enterprise data delivery, you'll work with our clients' data warehouse solutions like Snowflake, DataBricks, and more.
Demyst is a remote-first company. The candidate must be based in the United States.
- Collaborate with internal project managers, sales directors, account managers, and clients’ stakeholders to identify requirements and build external data-driven solutions
- Perform data appends, extracts, and analyses to deliver curated datasets and insights to clients to help achieve their business objectives
- Understand and keep current with external data landscapes such as consumer, business, and property data.
- Engage in projects involving entity detection, record linking, and data modelling projects
- Design scalable code blocks using Demyst’s APIs/SDKs that can be leveraged across production projects
- Govern releases, change management and maintenance of production solutions in close coordination with clients' IT teams
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering or similar technical discipline (or commensurate work experience); Master's degree preferred
- 1-3 years of Python programming (with Pandas experience)
- Experience with CSV, JSON, parquet, and other common formats
- Data cleaning and structuring (ETL experience)
- Knowledge of API (REST and SOAP), HTTP protocols, API Security and best practices
- Experience with SQL, Git, and Airflow
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Distributed working team and culture
- Generous benefits and competitive compensation
- Collaborative, inclusive work culture: all-company offsites and local get togethers in Bangalore
- Annual learning allowance
- Office setup allowance
- Generous paid parental leave
- Be a part of the exploding external data ecosystem
- Join an established fast growth data technology business
- Work with the largest consumer and business external data market in an emerging industry that is fueling AI globally
- Outsized impact in a small but rapidly growing team offering real autonomy and responsibility for client outcomes
- Stretch yourself to help define and support something entirely new that will impact billions
- Work within a strong, tight-knit team of subject matter experts
- Small enough where you matter, big enough to have the support to deliver what you promise
Demyst is committed to creating a diverse, rewarding career environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.