Senior Business Operations Manager
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
Dave is one of the leading US neobanks and a pioneer in financial services, using disruptive technology to provide best in class banking services to millions of members at a fraction of the cost compared to incumbents. The anchor of our banking value proposition, ExtraCash, provides up to $500 of short term, interest free advances to members within minutes of joining. The speed to value, access and pricing of ExtraCash compared to traditional overdraft sets us apart from incumbents and is a key to our strategy to efficiently acquire transacting Dave debit card members.
On the Business Operations team at Dave, you will play a pivotal role in driving critical strategic initiatives. You will collaborate with business stakeholders to lead company-wide initiatives that emphasize growth and efficiency. We are seeking highly-motivated individuals who are entrepreneurial yet grounded in the realities of the business and those with a strong track record of delivering results at high-growth, tech-enabled businesses.
The ideal candidate will balance both macro-level strategic thinking (long-term planning) and the ability to get stuff done (the day-to-day). In this role, you’ll demonstrate a passion for connecting the dots around our business by applying a strategic mindset, and present ideas and recommendations to our leadership and functional stakeholders.
What you'll do:
- Drive business value measured by cost savings or incremental revenue, while effectively managing cross-functional teams
- Develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify value creation opportunities
- Serve as strategic partner to Dave senior leadership and product teams to help execute on what to do, and leading different initiatives
- Partner with cross-functional teams to shape the vision and execution across key company growth and operations efforts. This role will offer direct exposure to working with Product, Marketing, Data, Design/Research, Member Success, Fraud/Risk teams, and external partners.
- Provide project based support, often starting by taking an idea, developing a project scope, bringing a team together and executing against a timeline, all while maintaining alignment with operational units and executive stakeholders.
- Partner with the business to design effective reporting and KPIs to ensure rigorous measurement of performance.
- Structure complex problems and perform analyses to identify risks/opportunities that are key to effectively scaling the company.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve performance issues, define actionable and innovative improvement levers, and support the implementation/rollout of recommendations for high-priority initiatives.
- Review vendor invoices to uncover opportunities for cost savings within Dave’s payment stack. Spearhead internal team coordination and present findings to external vendors, driving initiatives that introduce cost efficiency.
- Each week, synthesize the latest industry happenings into an executive summary that highlights why this matters to Dave.
What you'll need:
- 6+ years of experience at a fast paced, leading technology company, finance role, consulting or VC/PE with financial services section experience
- BA/BS degree in business, math, statistics, or related disciplines
- Experience partnering with Product departments to develop strategic projects that enable the business to execute its highest priority initiatives
- Strong command of Excel and other data visualization tools to manipulate data, extract insights and create summarized narratives help our leadership team make data driven decisions
- Partner with functional areas of Dave including Finance, Product, Marketing, Member Success and Analytics to execute on project focus areas
- Prepare key reporting presentations and communications that summarize information concisely for both internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to help influence executive stakeholders in making informed data-driven decisions
- Strong organizational and process management skills, comfortable with multitasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment; ability to set clear goals and effectively prioritize workload; operate both autonomously and within teams under pressure
Don’t let imposter syndrome get in your way of an incredible opportunity. We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why you’ll love working here:
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A few of our benefits & perks:
• Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
• Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Financial advisor and financial wellness support
• Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
• All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave Operating LLC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on any basis protected by federal, state, or local law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.