Sr. People Partner
People & HR
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Dave is one of the leading US neobanks and a pioneer in financial services, using disruptive technology to provide best in class banking services to millions of members at a fraction of the cost compared to incumbents. The anchor of our banking value proposition, ExtraCash, provides up to $500 of short term, interest free advances to members within minutes of joining. The speed to value, access and pricing of ExtraCash compared to traditional overdraft sets us apart from incumbents and is a key to our strategy to efficiently acquire transacting Dave debit card members.
As a Sr. People Partner, you support the senior leadership team and people leaders to achieve their business goals through a proactive talent strategy. Equally important, you are viewed as a trusted coach and advisor to Daves on issues or opportunities impacting their engagement and success here at Dave. You are deeply committed to the success of the organization and the teams that you support.
Because of this, you help people leaders see what might be getting in their way of being more effective; you’ll work to uncover and consistently get ahead of challenges that could impact team performance and engagement. This could include employee relations, organizational design, role definition, career development or compensation.
As a Sr. People Partner, you’ll lead through change, ensuring adoption and buy-in of people programs that will help our employees thrive, reach their full potential through proactive talent strategies, and achieve Dave’s mission of building products that level the financial playing field.
What you’ll do
- Partner directly with our senior leadership team and their leaders to achieve their business objectives through talent strategy.
- Serve as a trusted advisor around any talent issues our teams are facing, including: organizational design, role definition, career development, compensation, management & leadership coaching, change management, and in what ways to grow and scale.
- Work closely with leaders on how to set clear performance expectations and provide ongoing and direct feedback.
- Partner with and advise leaders through the performance management process including performance coaching and various employee relations issues.
- Guide your teams through Dave’s existing and to-be-created talent processes and programs, including: performance management, compensation reviews, engagement action planning, headcount planning, and talent planning.
- Gain deep knowledge on the unique talent challenges of your assigned team(s) and work with leaders and team members to address them. This will include career pathing/ job definition, retention strategies, learning and development solutions, and anything else having to do with retaining and engaging our talent.
- Identify trends and themes across the team and recommend modifications to existing talent programs and processes or, in some cases, the creation of new ones. Analyze and use data to guide decisions, in addition to what you know from being embedded within the team.
- Partner closely with other functions in the People team, ensuring you are aware of and communicating organizational changes that could impact their work; be familiar with other People Team programs and processes to have the right context to support the business effectively.
What you’ll need
- 6+ years progressive, professional HR experience
- Demonstrates track record of success of supporting and effectively influencing leaders to implement and execute upon their proactive people strategy, including established routines and mechanisms that contribute to this success.
- Has recommended and advised leaders on pros and cons of different organizational designs, including how they will achieve business objectives.
- Adept at advising leaders on employee relations issues that range in complexity, and is pragmatic in their approach.
- Demonstrated successful partnership with, and has been a key contributor to program development for other People team functions (i.e. Talent Development, People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Workplace Experience, Compensation, etc.)
- Is sought out as expert talent consultant and is able to connect the impact a leader's behaviors have on their business outcomes and ultimate purpose in the organization.
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative data to develop and iterate their people strategies
- Proven ability to manage priorities, adapt when necessary and subsequently lead others through complex organizational changes
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Organizational Development, or other relevant field preferred
Don’t let imposter syndrome get in your way of an incredible opportunity. We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why you’ll love working here:
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A few of our benefits & perks:
• Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
• Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Financial advisor and financial wellness support
• Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
• All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave Operating LLC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on any basis protected by federal, state, or local law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.