Clean energy development is poised to boom, but we urgently need to make sustainable finance more efficient to move as quickly as needed. The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) will make hundreds of billions of dollars of tax credits available to companies building facilities or producing clean power and materials. And for the first time, these credits are transferable – creating a new and powerful market mechanism to fund energy transition projects. The market for transferable tax credits needs new standards, more buyers, expanded financial products, and purpose-built software.
Crux exists to make sustainable finance more efficient and interconnected.
Our network and tools help developers, tax credit buyers, and financial institutions transact & manage transferable tax credits by streamlining price discovery, project diligence, transaction closing, and reporting.
Who we are
Crux is founded by Alfred Johnson & Allen Kramer. Alfred and Allen previously co-founded and successfully sold their last company, Mobilize.
The Crux team is an incredible and multidisciplinary team of 15, and growing quickly to meet the needs of the market. We are building a team that cares for each other, values ownership and learning & iterating rapidly, focuses on those financing the energy transition, and reflects the breadth of the country.
We are backed by some of the best investors, including Lowercarbon Capital, Ardent Venture Partners, QED, Canapi Ventures, and strategic investors including Orsted, LS Power, Hartree, and others who generate billions of dollars of tax credits annually.
Crux is growing rapidly! We are looking for an analytical self-starter to help us build and improve systems to scale our sales and other aspects of our operations. Unique opportunity to be on the ground floor of a new market, and work with many different parts of the organization on high-impact initiatives that support Crux’s ecosystem of renewable energy developers, tax credit buyers, and financial institutions.
What you’ll do
- Sales Operations: Organize sales and marketing data in CRM and drive regular auditing process; Create regular reporting dashboards and review cadence to track performance against goals; Utilize data-driven insights to make recommendations on the highest-leverage sales and marketing activities.
- Sales Enablement: Build and manage sales team templates, documents, presentations, etc. Produce high-quality collateral and deliverables for key client engagements.
- Special Projects: Drive special projects to improve sales team efficiency. Example projects: setting up an updated customer qualification process; auditing customer files to create an automated system for sending, receiving and tracking contracts.
- Compliance Operations: Build scalable systems for tracking and reporting key compliance policies and prepare Crux for annual compliance audit.
Who you are
- 2+ years of full-time work experience
- Action-oriented self-starter – you love proactively identifying and solving problems and naturally drive toward results.
- Analytical and data-driven systems-builder – you are skilled at prioritizing the highest leverage activities and creating scalable systems to make it happen.
- Detail-oriented project manager – you love working with cross-functional partners to address complex challenges, while keeping the trains moving forward.
- Excited about building at the early stage
- Reports to: Head of Operations
- Crux is targeting sponsored externships from consulting firms. The position is full-time for 3-6 months.
Get in touch with us!
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.