Clean energy development is poised to boom, but we urgently need to make sustainable finance more efficient to move as quickly as needed. The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) will make hundreds of billions of dollars of tax credits available to companies building facilities or producing clean power and materials. And for the first time, these credits are transferable – creating a new and powerful market mechanism to fund energy transition projects. The market for transferable tax credits needs new standards, more buyers, expanded financial products, and purpose-built software.
Crux exists to make sustainable finance more efficient and interconnected.
Our network and tools help developers, tax credit buyers, and financial institutions transact & manage transferable tax credits by streamlining price discovery, project diligence, transaction closing, and reporting.
Who we are
Crux is founded by Alfred Johnson & Allen Kramer. Alfred and Allen previously co-founded and successfully sold their last company, Mobilize.
The Crux team is an incredible and multidisciplinary team of 15, and growing quickly to meet the needs of the market. We are building a team that cares for each other, values ownership and learning & iterating rapidly, focuses on those financing the energy transition, and reflects the breadth of the country.
We are backed by some of the best investors, including Lowercarbon Capital, Ardent Venture Partners, QED, Canapi Ventures, and strategic investors including Orsted, LS Power, Hartree, and others who generate billions of dollars of tax credits annually.
What you’ll do
As Crux’s Product Lead, you will be a critical member of our early team. You will:
- Refine long-term product vision based on opportunity and early customer and market feedback, defining key metrics and product principles to guide development
- Define quarterly and monthly product goals to achieve both near-term business goals and long-term product vision
- Manage product roadmap to deliver successful features and improvements that drive transaction volume and increase stickiness of the Crux platform
- Develop novel product solutions around some of the product’s key surfaces through engagement with customers and collaborating with the team
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and business development
Who you are
- 6+ years of product management experience
- Have owned an early stage product either at a startup or within a larger organization
- You have good judgment on what to build, and a perspective on why (that you like to debate)
- Your strategic rigor allows you to uncover the riskiest product assumptions and derisk them
- Excited about building at the early stage, with a focus on flexibility, results ownership, and cross functional collaboration
- Experience in enterprise SaaS/workflow software, B2B marketplaces, or fintech; a plus if you have experience in energy/climate tech
- Contribute to and help build team culture
What we provide
- Estimated cash compensation of $175-$200k, depending on seniority and equity
- Competitive equity package
- Healthcare benefits
- Remote-first company
- Travel stipend to get the team together at least once a quarter
Get in touch with us!
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.