Markets & Transactions Principal
Clean energy development is poised to boom, but we urgently need to make sustainable finance more efficient to move as quickly as needed. The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) will make hundreds of billions - maybe trillions - of dollars of tax credits available to companies building facilities or producing clean power and materials. And for the first time, these credits are transferable – creating a new and powerful market mechanism to fund energy transition projects. The market for transferable tax credits needs new standards, more buyers, expanded financial products, and purpose-built software.
Crux exists to make sustainable finance more efficient and interconnected.
Our network and tools help developers, tax credit buyers, and financial institutions transact & manage transferable tax credits by streamlining price discovery, project diligence, transaction closing, and reporting.
Who we are
Alfred was most recently Deputy Chief of Staff of the Treasury Department. Before Mobilize, he led Sales & People for Clara Lending, and was a Vice President at BlackRock. Early in his career, he served as a Senior Advisor for Financial Markets at Treasury. Before Mobilize, Allen worked at Bain & Company and Assured Labor.
They are joined by 12 other incredible colleagues, including Rob Parker, Crux’s Chief Commercial Officer.
Crux has raised ~$9M in seed capital from some of the best investors, including Lowercarbon Capital, New System Ventures, Overture, Ardent Venture Partners, QED, Canapi and others.
These funds are joined by strategic investors including LS Power, Orsted, Hartree Partners, and others who collectively generate billions of dollars of tax credits annually.
Who we’re looking for
We are adding a Principal to our Markets & Transactions team to rapidly scale the network of developers and buyers, and execute more transactions. This is the team that scales our relationships with renewables developers and tax credit buyers.
Together, we are building a company where we:
- Care for each other: We are a team where people support each other - in their growth, in their work, and towards this shared mission.
- Build and improve rapidly: We optimize for pace of learning, iteration, and growth. Nobody will move faster than us.
- Focus unremittingly on the needs of those financing the energy transition: Nothing we do matters if we do not add value to everyone who works tirelessly to finance the energy transition.
- Demonstrate ownership: We are all owners of Crux. This is our team, our company, our product.
- Convene a team that reflects the breadth of experiences in the country: We expect everyone on the team to actively help us build a team where people of all backgrounds can thrive.
What you’ll do
- Cultivate, close and expand partnerships with renewable energy developers and sponsors; Screen projects and credit quality
- Develop relationships with, and educate, corporate tax directors, CFOs, and sustainability teams on tax credit transactions
- Serve as a facilitative partner to all counterparties throughout the transaction lifecycle
- Onboard developers and buyers into our platform to transact at scale
- Inform product development with user insights and subject matter expertise
- Support buyers and sellers to work through key deal items and execute transactions
- Interface with intermediary partners (banks, syndicators, tax advisors) to execute transactions
Who you are
- 7+ years of experience in clean energy development and/or finance
- Have played a leading role in project origination for a financial institution, client development, capital raising, negotiating and closing transactions
- Strong transactions experience. You have lived and breathed financing renewables and decarbonization, and are deeply familiar with tax equity and tax credits
- Unrivaled relationship building skills; you build trust quickly and communicate clearly
- Adaptable and excited about building at the early stage. You’re not afraid to roll-up your sleeves and build things yourself.
- Contribute to and help build team culture
What we offer
- Base compensation of $200k or more with uncapped bonus structure, depending on seniority and equity
- Competitive equity package
- Healthcare benefits, including dependent coverage
- Remote-first company
- Travel stipend to get the team together at least once a quarter
We are excited to meet you!
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.