Engineering Manager II - Compute Platform (Kubernetes / GCP Cloud)
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Compute Platform is responsible for enabling the organization by utilizing the power of public cloud and Kubernetes to provide a seamless application platform in a reliable and scalable manner. As an Engineering Manager, you will serve as a technical leader for the team as well as the organization and help evolve our technology through automation and reliable architecture as well help increase velocity by adoption of such implementations.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive the scalability and reliability of platform services
- Manage, prioritize, and strategize short term and long term objectives.
- Hire talented engineers and provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to the team
- Core infrastructure tools and frameworks (Configuration Management, IAM, WAF, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Monitoring, HA, kubernetes, Helm, FLux, etc.)
- Working with Public Cloud, e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc as well as container orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Collaborate across Engineering and Product teams to translate application requirements to infrastructure capabilities
- Maintaining an automation centric vision and incorporating SRE methodologies in an effort to increase reliability and decreasing toil
- Involvement in technical design and architecture discussions and decisions as well as contributing to technical troubleshooting in various part of the stack
What’s great about the role:
- You will have the opportunity to contribute greatly to an extremely engineering-focused organization
- Your contributions will have a noticeable impact on our members as well as your fellow Karmanauts (that’s what we call ourselves)
- You will be involved in organizational efforts of continuous improvement to increase and ensure the reliability of Credit Karma
- You will get broad exposure to our full stack, consisting of desired and progressive technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform, Jenkins, etc.
- You will grow and learn and have fun doing it--it’s part of our culture
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you have probably already read about
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 5+ years of experience in a web-centric Linux production environment building and architecting infrastructure to scale modern web applications and supporting components
- 3+ years managing, growing, and developing engineers responsible for production and platform reliability
- Strong understanding of Computer Engineering with a focus on Infrastructure, Platform, and Application (Cloud, Containerization, Container orchestration, Network, Application Reliability, Database Architecture)
- Experience running Infrastructure at scale; utilizing Configuration Management and automation to ensure idempotency, ephemerality, and reliability
- Familiar with SRE methodologies and passionate about solving operation problems by utilizing automation and software
- Ability to communicate effectively vertically and horizontally within the organization via demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Professional experience with Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform and CI/CD toolsets
- Experience working in a hybrid environment as well as Public Cloud, e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Familiarity with information security principles and best practices in virtual environments
Benefits at Credit Karma includes:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: