*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 120 million+ members. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us to help them achieve their financial goals.
Reporting into the Creative Director and joining a large team of innovative and collaborative designers, copywriters and motion designers here in Charlotte, NC, the Marketing Designer will work alongside a marketing Copywriter and be responsible for the design work on the Tax vertical. Tax season can be stressful for many millions of Americans. Credit Karma, powered by TurboTax, has features, services and tools that can (and do) make Tax season less taxing. If you are a hardworking, multifaceted and results-driven Designer who wants to connect millions of people to products and features that can improve their financial lives—we’d like to meet you!
What you’ll do
- Leverage our brand design guidelines in unique ways, while ensuring creative work is on brief, on brand and has an intuitive user experience and visual flow
- Partner closely with a creative Copywriter and with the wider creative team to cultivate and develop ideas
- Design innovative, engaging and hard-working digital marketing for an array of channels including landing pages, emails, in-app surfaces, display networks and more.
- Ideate on concepts, themes, directions and refine design work based on creative and stakeholder direction
- Incorporate user experience standard methodologies in all digital marketing
- Comfortably vocalize ideas and process behind each idea
- Handle and prioritize multiple projects from concept to completion
What’s great about the role
- The opportunity to collaborate with strategists, performance marketers and product teams throughout the creative process, generate excitement around your design solutions and present creative work to key partners
- See in real time how your design solutions are performing, so you can make informed changes and have an even bigger impact on the communications
- Participate in team events, broader ideas sessions and department-wide design initiatives
- Use your yearly professional development stipend to further your knowledge, gain inspiration and add to your creative skillset.
Minimum basic requirements
- 4+ years experience in design roles at marketing agencies or ‘brand side’
- A strong portfolio of design work demonstrating conceptual ideas and marketing assets for local, national or international brands (please disclose any passwords to portfolio work when applying)
- Proficiency in Figma, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong practice of graphic design principles, showcasing an expert handle on typography, hierarchy, balance, color, composition and systems-level thinking
- Keen attention to detail, a strong visual sense and high degree of polish in execution
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize projects and tasks
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: