Vice President, Cybersecurity
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people better manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is critical to our continued success. From the CEO down to each individual engineer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility.
As Credit Karma’s Vice President, Cybersecurity, you'll drive all elements of our global security program and be accountable for the security and protection of all information trusted to Credit Karma by its members, partners, and employees. You will be responsible for driving an organizational culture where security is standard in everyday business operations, ensuring that security programs are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies to minimize or eliminate risk commensurate with established risk thresholds. This cross-functional leadership role requires high EQ and alignment across all Credit Karma Cybersecurity functions, as well as leveraging and investing in the relationships with other Intuit companies where we have the opportunity to be better together.
What you’ll do:
- As Vice President, Cybersecurity at an Intuit company, you will also leverage your experience at multi-tiered or subsidiary-structured organizations in order to partner successfully with stakeholders across Intuit
- Direct and manage the activities and personnel of Credit Karma’s security organization including hiring, training, talent development and performance management
- Set priorities and drive implementation for our vulnerability management, information security monitoring/security operations, red & blue teams, and threat intelligence programs
- Define security requirements to allow for corporate and product compliance to industry standards
- Collaborate with Engineering and all other technical and business functional leaders to implement changes and standard methodologies to continuously improve the security posture of the organization
- Constantly update the cybersecurity strategy to use new technology and threat information
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 15+ years of equivalent experience in Security required with 10+ years experience in designing, building, and orchestrating security services -- experience in financial services a plus
- Prior Vice President of Security/Cybersecurity, CISO, Deputy CISO, or similar experience
The experience you will bring:
- Deep understanding of Information Security Architectures and evolving technology
- In-depth knowledge of Security operations and governance for regulatory and statutory frameworks
- Hands-on experience in Security management, preferably in a role with external and internal focus
- Ability to form relationships across all levels of the company while modeling Credit Karma’s culture and values
- Experience establishing and enforcing security policies, procedures, and standards across large, matrixed organization
- Experience influencing and leading multiple distributed resources with an understanding of cultural differences in managing and leading people
- Strategic mindset with a knack staying up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity threats and best practices.
- Demonstrated extensive track record of successfully representing a Cybersecurity organization at industry events
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: