*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma's Legal Department plays a pivotal role in our mission by helping promote business goals while minimizing risk to the company. As Corporate Counsel, you will be part of a smart, collaborative team who works on all things Corporate and will also contribute to the review and negotiation of Credit Karma's real estate leases and other contracts. We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You'll report to the Deputy General Counsel responsible for the Corporate, Commercial and International legal functions.
What you'll do:
- Support M&A transactions as needed and manage/collaborate on engagements with outside counsel for other special projects
- Review and advise on Credit Karma’s inputs in the SEC reporting processes of Intuit Inc., our parent company, including earnings scripts, 10-Qs and 10-Ks
- Lead periodic and annual updates of Signature Authority and other policies for which the Corporate team is responsible
- Partner with our Treasury and Finance teams to provide requested advice and support their contracting needs
- Supervise subsidiary formation/maintenance work by our Corporate paralegal and be primarily responsible for certain corporate governance and other legal entity matters, including subsidiary board actions and intercompany agreements
- Support the continuous improvement of internal workflows, review processes, and other legal policies and operations.
- Review and manage outside counsel on real estate leases and supporting documents.
- As time allows, work as part of the commercial legal team in the negotiation, drafting, and review of various vendor or other agreements, including NDAs, MSAs, Saas agreements and SOWs.
What's great about the role:
- A satisfying mission, working to make financial progress possible to everyone
- A dynamic work environment with a team of smart, fun, collaboration-minded legal professionals who enjoy learning from each other
- A chance to grow with the company as Credit Karma progresses on its mission
What we are looking for:
- J.D. from an accredited law school and admitted to practice in at least one US jurisdiction (NC or CA preferred)
- At least 3-5 years post law school experience; some in-house experience is preferred but not required
- Solid corporate law experience and a strong interest in continuing to practice corporate law, while also practicing in the “Other” areas noted above
- Ability to work effectively with and as part of a cross-functional team on project-by-project basis and to lead aspects of this work if necessary
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain legal terms to laypersons
- Direct experience advising clients, including public and private technology companies
- Good judgment and the ability to think through legal risk in practical, real-world terms
What we would like to see:
- Tech sector and/or financial institution experience preferred
- Some experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts preferred
- Familiarity with legal tech and ticketing systems a plus
Benefits at Credit Karma includes:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Pay Transparency Notice: Credit Karma’s mission of championing financial progress for all starts from within. That’s why we implemented role-based compensation, which ensures people who are in the same role receive the same pay with variations for geographic location only. It’s all part of a more comprehensive DEI strategy that helps level the playing field. The base salary range for this role is $137,500 to $184,000, plus equity and benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: