Senior Business Development Manager
Intuit Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 110 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As a Senior Business Development Manager for the Credit Cards vertical, you will be responsible for managing relationships with Credit Karma’s cards partners. You will lead strategic data and technology integrations that deepen our partnerships and drive a best-in-class experience for members. Additionally, you will lead efforts to onboard new financial institution partners onto our platform. You will work cross-functionally with product, analytics, and marketing teams to help shape the overall vertical strategy. Through your efforts, you will help Credit Karma deliver on our mission of making financial progress possible for our more than 110 million members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead communications and serve as primary point of contact for credit card partner relationships
- Promptly, professionally and thoughtfully manage partner needs and requests in a fast-paced environment. Also has the ability, acumen and comfort to know when and how to say “no” to partners when necessary
- Leverage internal and external data to develop business recommendations that generate value for credit card partners and Credit Karma
- Able to quickly understand partners' businesses and priorities and use that knowledge to advance the goals of our partners and our business
- Partner with internal Operations team to ensure high-quality delivery of our partners' marketing strategies
What’s great about the role:
- High impact, high visibility - Play a key role in guiding strategy for your vertical
- Work in a highly cross-functional, highly collaborative environment - you are the hub of many spokes within CK
- Use business acumen, analytical skills and relationship experience to market and execute complex initiatives with both new and existing partners
Minimum Basic Requirement
- Has 5+ years of experience in credit card customer acquisition, client management, consulting or digital marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field from an accredited college or university and 8+ years relevant work experience
What it Takes to be Successful:
- Executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in verbal and written communications
- Hyper-focused on partner or client satisfaction and substantial experience developing and managing complex relationships, preferably proven by at least 2+ years of experience in a client or partner-facing role in a sales/consulting/business development capacity
- Adept at collecting, analyzing and synthesizing data to support strategies and communications internally and externally
- Incredibly responsive and solution-oriented -- operates at a high tempo and has an unrelenting drive to see efforts through to positive impacts on our members and partners
- Highly organized and detail-oriented -- able to successfully manage complex projects
- Thrives in ambiguity -- requires minimal oversight and can independently and thoughtfully develop and implement recommended approaches to complex problems
- Both curious and creative, consistently seeking out ways to improve our partnerships and business
- Experience working cross functionally across multiple groups (eg, product, marketing, operations, etc) and the ability to drive to alignment across multiple stakeholders
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: