Staff Product Manager - Data
Intuit Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 110 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma is working to make financial progress possible for everyone. The Product Management team plays an important role in this mission to architect the future of our products. Our goal is helping our members make the best financial decisions, from getting their first credit card to applying for an apartment, or filing their taxes. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, we are looking for a Staff Product Manager to help us make an impact on the financial health of our 110M members.
What you'll do:
- You will establish strategy, guide the roadmap and execution in the areas of autonomous finance, help Credit Karma members meet their financial goals, and get rid of unnecessary subscriptions - to name a few.
- You will utilize GenAI capabilities in building next generation solutions for members to manage, augment, and automate their personal finances.
- You will establish product requirements, goals, indicators, and milestones and work in partnership with other teams to work on your roadmaps.
- You will partner with research and marketing on developing go-to-market strategies, refining messaging, and ensuring the product delivers on its promise.
- You will work with Credit Karma leadership, partners, and other teams to achieve high quality outcomes.
What's great about the role:
- You will have the rare chance to work in a small team environment while delivering massive impact to our members.
- You will have direct access to Credit Karma executives, and be highly engaged with leaders across the company.
- You will be part of a team solving BIG problems that are changing old industries.
- You will create impact at scale to our massive member base of more than 110 million members.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of product experience in building consumer user experiences
- 3+ years of product experience in using AI/ML in consumer experiences
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
What we'd love to see:
- You have experience shipping multiple complex consumer products with broad reach and measurable impact.
- You strike a healthy balance between speed of execution and maintaining a high-quality bar.
- You have a high level of comfort working with ambiguous goals and in an environment where changes are common.
- You have experience in working in both smaller and larger companies: You move quickly, are able to execute and you can communicate with stakeholders and leadership.
- You are a creative product thinker and partner with design to create simple and delightful experiences, even in the face of complex constraints and requirements.
- You can work on projects that range from early stage pre-product fit to larger, market leading projects.
- You’re outcomes-motivated, ability to determine Indicators and explain how they can be met by the product plan.
- You have a data-driven approach to strategic planning and know how to translate strategy to roadmaps and execution plans.
Pay Transparency Notice: Credit Karma’s mission of championing financial progress for all starts from within. That’s why we implemented role-based compensation, which ensures people who are in the same role receive the same pay with variations for geographic location only. It’s all part of a more comprehensive DEI strategy that helps level the playing field. The base salary range for this role is $256,487 to $325,287, plus equity and benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies: