Head of Corporate Accounting
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 110 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to lead the Corporate Accounting team within the Controllership organization. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting operations, month-end close and reporting, adherence to policies and process controls, periodic/annual audits, and related ad-hoc projects. This is a hands-on position requiring a broad knowledge of accounting and finance to create policies and/or improve upon current policies and procedures that keep pace with the growth of the company. This position is a Senior Director level reporting to the VP of Finance, and will be based in Oakland, California.
What you'll do:
- Be a hands-on leader responsible for many aspects of accounting, reporting, and compliance, including: month end close, General Ledger and Chart of Accounts maintenance, financial reporting, tax filings, external audits. Monthly financial close activities may include preparation or review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and trend/flux analysis
- Actively partner with internal business operations and departments to address financial reporting risks, technical accounting matters, build scalable processes and drive best practices
- Help evaluate, recommend and implement new financial accounting policies, procedures, financial systems, and process controls
- Provide support to finance management and internal customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc projects
- Work very closely with counterparts at Intuit Inc. (parent company of Credit Karma) in areas such as accounting, FP&A, tax, and related functions of Finance
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Masters in Accountancy
- CPA active certification required
- 12+ years of increasing responsibility in accounting or finance
- 6+ years of people management experience (6+ direct reports)
- Strong leadership and communication skills; proven ability to collaborate with senior management and internal/external business partners to drive change
- Medium to large public company experience, and very well versed in managing up / down stakeholder expectation
- Comprehensive knowledge of the U.S. GAAP
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable prioritizing multiple work streams across daily responsibilities and long-term projects
What we would like to see:
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Hands-on experience on Netsuite and/or Oracle ERPs preferred
- Experience in financial systems implementation preferred
Benefits at Credit Karma includes:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Pay Transparency Notice: Credit Karma’s mission of championing financial progress for all starts from within. That’s why we implemented role-based compensation, which ensures people who are in the same role receive the same pay with variations for geographic location only. It’s all part of a more comprehensive DEI strategy that helps level the playing field. The base salary range for this role is $277,350 to $280,677, plus equity and benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
Something looks off?