Business Development Manager - Fintech
Sales & Business Development
Remote · India
Posted on Monday, October 9, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
The purpose of the Business Development Manager - Fintech is to be responsible for the development and growth of Targeted partners in the Fintech Space. You will be a key figure in optimizing the sales strategy and deal execution. You will own the business development and relationship management of our insurance industry partners within your vertical.
- Work with the Head of Strategic Partnership to identify, develop, structure and close complex partnership deals with target partner organizations that deliver enduring value to the business
- Leverage existing connections to build and cultivate a deep and trusted network amongst influential decision-makers within key target organizations
- Grow the Cover Genius brand within the specialist vertical through representation at industry events and broader networking.
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure pitches to prospective partners are delivered effectively to partners, with clarity on the product solution
- Define best practices for partnership identification, onboarding and implementations using specialist knowledge of vertical and Insurance industries and keeping up to date with new developments
- Participate in the development and execution of marketing efforts including product roadmap and strategic discussions.
- Onboard new partners with our locally based Client Solutions Engineering team post deal close, ensuring timely delivery of solutions that meet or exceed client expectations
- Apply your industry experience to guide potential partners in understanding and solutioning our technology and platform
- Actively nurture and develop active partnerships to maximise value for the business.
- Maximize revenue by identifying, selling and executing growth opportunities with assigned strategic partners; includes project management.
- Recommend new products to the product provider team that address new and evolving business opportunities.
- Degree from a Top B School
- Minimum 5+ years commercial business development/partnerships?consulting experience within the Fintech Space
- Proven track-record for meeting and exceeding revenue targets and performance driven KPIs
- Strategy development and execution, with a proven capability and passion to lead cross functional teams in the design, pursuit and successful execution of key strategic goals
- Demonstrated passion and agility leading within high-growth technology companies
- Previous exposure to startup or tech focussed business models.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and product set is highly regarded, although not mandatory
- Excellent deal negotiation and commercial structuring skills.
- First class communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence at C-level
- Ability to think laterally and explore creative solutions in both deal negotiation and customer solution design
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams (Incl. engineering, product and finance) to deliver high quality outcomes to timelines
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a small collegial team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other
- A proactive bias to action, and drive to achieve results
- Collaborative and curious mindset, open to exploring new ways of doing things
- Ability to build rapport and engagement with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.