Strategy & Operations Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, October 2, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
As a Strategy & Operations Manager at Cover Genius, you will play a pivotal role in driving our group strategic initiatives and ensuring their successful execution.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams to shape our business strategies, identify opportunities for improvement, and facilitate the achievement of our business goals. This position offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Support the process for defining company strategies, translating them into actionable plans, and driving their execution.
- Provide strategic investigative insights and frameworks to propel projects and initiatives forward.
- Manage strategic initiatives across multiple teams, engaging stakeholders when needed, especially in projects that span Product, Sales, Partner Growth, Insurance, Marketing and Technology
- Serve as the chief project and business manager for key initiatives, ensuring their successful planning, execution, and delivery.
- Focus on driving business results and strategic initiatives through operational rigor, collaboration, and cross-functional/leadership alignment.
- Identify areas within the business to drive performance and efficiency improvements, unlocking productivity and accelerating execution by supporting project management of these initiatives.
- Analyze existing data and industry best practices to ensure programs, processes, and initiatives are meaningful and aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Drive the development of functional goals and effectively manage and track department deliverables aligned with those goals.
- Work with the FP&A team to align financial and resource planning processes, including headcount and expenses management.
- Develop and maintain detailed work plans for key initiatives, including identification of project tasks, clear milestones, assignment of work responsibilities, schedules, resource allocation, budget management, and status reporting.
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- Proven experience in strategy and operations management, with 4-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a data-driven mindset.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Results-oriented with a track record of driving business improvement and achieving strategic goals.
- Proficiency in Looker and BigQuery (or other business intelligence platform), Python, Clickup (or other Project Management tools), and Google Office Suite.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Strategy, Operations, or a related field; advanced degree preferred.
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Process and detail oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Bias to Action
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this role in NYC is between $160,000 and $190,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.