Tampa, FL, USA
Posted on Monday, October 2, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As an FP&A Manager, you will play a critical role in driving the financial planning and analysis processes for our global organization. You will be responsible for providing strategic financial insights, forecasting, budgeting, and supporting decision-making across the company. This role requires a deep understanding of financial analysis, excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve financial goals.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Develop and maintain financial models, forecasts, and budgets for the entire global organization.
- Analyze financial data, identify trends, and provide insights to support strategic decision-making.
- Prepare regular financial reports and presentations for senior management and stakeholders.
- Lead the annual budgeting process, working closely with department heads to establish financial targets and objectives.
- Monitor budget performance and provide variance analysis, recommending corrective actions as needed.
- Develop and maintain rolling forecasts to assess the company's financial performance and identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Collaborate with business units to understand market dynamics and business drivers that impact financial projections.
- Partner with executive leadership to formulate and execute financial strategies aligned with the company's long-term goals.
- Provide financial analysis to evaluate investment opportunities, mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations, accounting principles, and internal policies.
- Prepare and submit financial reports as required by regulatory authorities and stakeholders.
- Manage a team of financial analysts, providing guidance, training, and support to foster professional growth.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performance culture within the FP&A team.
- Work closely with various departments, including sales, marketing, operations, and HR, to gather data, provide financial insights, and support departmental goals.
- Collaborate with the CFO and other senior leaders to align financial strategies with overall corporate objectives.
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field; MBA or relevant certification (e.g., CFA, CPA) is a plus.
- Proven experience in financial planning and analysis, preferably in a global or multinational organization.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Leadership experience with a track record of managing and developing a team.
- Advanced proficiency in financial software and tools (e.g., Excel, ERP systems).Strong business acumen and the ability to think strategically.
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to convey complex financial information clearly to non-financial stakeholders.
- Thrives on collaboration and operates with a strong internal stakeholder mentality
- Strong time management skills; Expert multitasker and project manager
- Process and detail oriented.
- Adaptability and Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing business priorities.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this in Tampa is between $120,000 and $160,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.