Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As a VP, Sales you will lead a team that owns development and execution of the company’s partnerships and distribution strategy for key verticals across North America. Regular collaboration with global teams to identify, cultivate, structure and close complex deals with sophisticated distribution partners to deliver local and regional distribution and revenue targets. This will include ownership of the distribution deal pipeline, product co-creation with partners, and the structuring of optimal commercial terms. It will also include ownership and management of key relationships at partner organizations and with stakeholders internally. This is an opportunity to be a leader of the Americas team and to play a pivotal role in building and leading the organization in this scale up stage
What will your day look like? You will...
- Lead high performance sales team to develop and close enterprise deals that drive significant measurable impact.
- Hire, develop, motivate, coach, and retain partnership team members.
- Develop senior partner relationships based on thought leadership, value that Cover Genius can deliver, and collaboration.
- Work cross-functionally with partner services (account management), insurance, EMEA and APAC Partnerships teams, marketing, tech, finance, legal, and risk management to deliver the best of Cover Genius to our partners and end consumers.
- Drive signing of new partners, measurable impact for our partners, develop and maintain senior relationships.
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 15 or more years of experience leading sales, strategic partnerships and net new logo business development in digitally driven business.
- Proven track-record for meeting and exceeding revenue targets and performance driven KPIs.
- Demonstrated passion and agility leading within high-growth technology companies/startups.
- Strong network and successful track record with excellent deal negotiation and commercial structuring skills.
- Strategy development and execution, with a proven capability and passion to lead cross functional teams in the design, pursuit and successful execution of key strategic goals
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, A postgraduate degree and/or record of academic achievement is also desirable.
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Clear, concise communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence at C-level
- Ability to think laterally and explore creative solutions in both deal negotiation and customer solution design
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams (Incl. engineering, product and finance) to deliver high quality outcomes to timelines
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a small collegial team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other
- A proactive bias to action, and drive to achieve results
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this role in NYC is between $250,000 and $325,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.