Chief of Staff
People & HR, Operations
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As the Chief of Staff for our Executive team, you will play a crucial role in supporting the co-founders and driving the effectiveness of the leadership team. You will partner with cross-functional teams to ensure effective communication from the executive office and contribute to building an inclusive culture that rewards continuous improvement and accountability.
To excel in this role, you will need exceptional strategic thinking, strong leadership abilities, and the capacity to communicate and collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels. As the Chief of Staff, you will be responsible for managing organizational processes, driving stakeholder alignment, and ensuring that cross-functional programs are aligned with expectations and that functional leads are accountable. Regular collaboration with the global executive and regional leadership will be key in ensuring the business achieves its mission and associated objectives.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Act as a trusted advisor and support the Co-founders and the Executive Team in their day-to-day activities.
- Plan and organize strategic initiatives across multiple teams. Help drive high-priority projects such as M&A integrations.
- Communicate on behalf of leadership and provide strategic context to build stakeholder alignment across the business.
- Measure the progress of internal goals and strategies through KPIs. Serve as a subject-matter expert on operational cadences.
- Chair, observe, or participate in key internal, cross-functional, and Executive meetings.
- Develop and build relationships with all employees to increase efficiency and responsiveness of existing operations.
- Review existing processes and advise on new operational strategies to drive key results by working with the founders and other executives on a daily basis.
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 10 or more years of experience with high-growth technology companies, top-tier management consultancies, venture capital, or private equity in an Operations or Growth focused role.
- Strong project-reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communications.
- Extensive experience in analyzing data and budget management.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and managing multiple teams across departments as a leader in demanding, high-growth environments.
- Proven track record of overseeing M&A transactions and coordinating integration efforts.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in business administration or a similar field.
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Nimble and creative default mindset focused on developing winning solutions.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and work streams simultaneously and manage evolving and complex systems.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to simplify processes.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this role in NYC is between $100,000 and $200,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.