Growth Product Manager
Product, Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee.
Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year. Our team and products have been recognized sed with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
The purpose of a Growth Product Manager is to be a key figure in driving growth with our partners. The role will work closely together with the UX, content and Partner Services teams in designing product solutions and defining best UX practices to maximize customer conversion on our partners’ platforms. You are in charge of product deliverables, leading and influencing a cross functional team, creating well articulated documentation and ultimately being a pivotal figure in high partner growth achievements.
What your work week will look like
- Work closely with a number of stakeholders to gather requirements and be in charge of designing optimal solutions
- Finding and implementing growth opportunities
- Writing product specifications
- Exploratory data analysis to uncover insights and product opportunities using SQL, Big Query &/or DataStudio
- Reporting including presenting commentary at meetings as needed
- Continuing development of depth of knowledge of specific product lines, including coverage innovations and pricing changes, and regulatory developments
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent technical field
What the ideal profile looks like
- 4-6 years of product management or software engineering experience
- Experience with consumer facing product development and applying best practices to improve the customer experience and conversion
- Understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Experience with agile project management methodology
- Demonstrated passion for the web, technology, startups etc with a deep understanding of product strategy theory and clear intent to make the transition
- Excellent people management and engagement skills
- Passion, drive, confidence and commitment
- Proven ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Strong management and engagement skills
- Experience in a fast growing startup or similarly high growth global internet company
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through product innovation
- Driven, energetic and a “good enough is not enough” mentality
- A sense of ownership over all aspects of the product
- A sense of urgency to deal with issues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Result driven
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organizational and time management skills
- Positive approach to change
- Marketing mindset looked upon highly
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. Some of the benefits we have are:
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. With the recent impact of Covid we gave 15 days additional leave to all employees for when they need a break and some well-deserved downtime.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this role is between $100,000 and $160,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.
See more open positions at Cover Genius
Something looks off?