Financial Accountant - Americas
Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee.
Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year. Our team and products have been recognized sed with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As a Financial Accountant at Cover Genius, you will be working amongst a rapidly expanding Americas Finance team, Cover Genius’ inaugural finance team outside of its Sydney headquarters. This role will require you to be a knowledgeable and resourceful member of the Accounting team who supports and evolves the day-to-day while working cross-functionally across the organization as you support key financial processes that continually support and enable all areas of the business and its rapid growth. We are looking for a driven, reliable, and self-starting Financial Accountant who works exceptionally well with others and wants to be part of a global insurtech company with the vision to protect all customers of the world’s largest digital companies. This role reports into the Americas Senior Financial Accountant.
What your work week will look like
- Play an integral role in building up the Americas Finance function, including accounting, cash management, expense management, compliance, and internal controls
- Perform month-end close activities such as accruals, bank and credit card reconciliations, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, fixed assets, and inter-company transactions
- Identify opportunities for automation, standardization, and overall process improvement as we build and scale the Americas team
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecast and other cash management reports
- Preparation of semi-monthly payroll audits for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America personnel
- Support financial statement audits with Big Four auditors, which includes the preparation, maintenance, and oversight of audit-ready financial statements and supporting workpapers
- Support in maintenance of tax compliance calendar and work with external tax advisors to maintain compliance and good business standing
- Assist with multi-dimensional financial reporting for presentation to internal leadership and external stakeholders
- Support in the administration of the employee stock option program via Carta
- Manage vendor onboarding, invoice approval, and invoice payment processes
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analyses.
- Bachelors or higher degree in related field is required
What the ideal profile looks like
- 1-2 years of Accounting experience (public accounting preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license or actively on track to obtain licensure
- Thrives on collaboration and operates with a strong internal stakeholder mentality
- Uncanny organizational skills and the ability and drive to solve complex problems every day
- Expert multitasker, self-prioritizer, and project manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to quickly identify both risks and opportunities while maintaining a strong focus on both process improvements and results
- Unimpeachable integrity, maturity, strength of character, and professionalism
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. Some of the benefits we have are:
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. With the recent impact of Covid we gave 15 days additional leave to all employees for when they need a break and some well-deserved downtime.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this role in NYC is between $55,000 and $77,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.
See more open positions at Cover Genius
Something looks off?