Claims Adjuster - Travel (Remote)
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As a Claims Adjuster, you will support the claims team to ensure that claims are processed and maintained correctly to ensure a seamless transaction for our customers including ongoing auditing and quality control.
You will be responsible for coordinating and supporting initiatives relative to the evaluation, processing, and handling of insurance claims. You will also act as a regional liaison between the claims organization, claimants and policyholders regarding the status and eligibility for coverage for all relevant claims.
Main duties & Responsibilities
- Day to day claims activities, including claims actions, emails and payments
- Interact with customers to resolve claims and process claims payments
- Assessing and approving new claims/cases whenever within the authority
- Interacting with outsourced partner teams
- Maintaining current knowledge of insurance guidelines, policy changes and regulations
- Ensure that the quality, accuracy and detail of claims assessment meets or exceeds the business unit minimum performance standards
What does the ideal profile looks like?
- +2 years of experience in all aspects of insurance claims management & resolution at a Travel insurance carrier or TPA
- Must have active claims adjusting license(s) or the ability to quickly obtain licenses in applicable states
- Ability to adapt quickly to a start-up pace environment and culture
- Problem-solving and advocating for customer solutions
- Proven ability to foster and develop relationships with key external and internal stakeholders
- Enhancing systems, processes and feedback loops
- Bachelors or higher degree in related field is required
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* We care about the health and safety of our people. This means that we require our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they are not subject to an exemption. Please let us know if you have any questions or need accommodations based on your individual circumstances.
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Cover Genius
Something looks off?