Head of SMB Growth
Counterpart believes in small businesses and is dedicated to helping them do more with less risk. By pairing leading insurance experts with cutting-edge technology, Counterpart empowers small business owners to grow with confidence. Exceptional underwriters, trusted insurance brokers, and prominent insurance carriers come together on the Counterpart platform to support small businesses by providing AI-driven management and professional liability underwriting and claims services. That’s where you come in.
Counterpart is building a service & tech infrastructure to support small businesses with time-critical & ongoing legal & HR support. As an early member of the team you will drive our customer acquisition strategy and execution, along with supporting product development and customer support. You’ll be the owner of our growth through customer sourcing, adoption, engagement, and retention. To be successful you’ll need to execute ruthlessly and quickly adapt to evolving KPIs and customer needs.
- Develop, test, and iterate on a multi-channel marketing and / or sales strategy across small businesses to drive adoption of our small business services, ensuring a steady increase in customer acquisition and engagement.
- Develop a deep understanding of user pain points and use that knowledge to design and deliver innovative solutions that address the needs of small businesses.
- Collaborate with agile design & engineering teams on the design, development, and adoption of new tools and services.
- Maximize customer retention by closely monitoring and actioning upon engagement with each services offering along with the changes in the overall CSAT
- Ensure that the product roadmap aligns with the company's strategic goals and customer needs
- Guide small business customers through HR, compliance, & legal needs in collaboration with external partners and AI products.
- Own and be accountable for a P&L, ensuring profitability and sustainable growth.
- 7+ years of experience in roles with a mix of growth marketing and product management, preferably at a growth stage startup company
- Proven track record of successful B2B customer acquisition, retention, and go-to-market (GTM) strategies
- Comprehensive product management experience, with a history of launching and managing multiple products or services in a dynamic environment
- Ability to multithread delivery of intricate and time-critical projects with minimal resources
- Experience continually optimizing process, product, and people through rapid ideation, testing, and iteration
- Comfortable executing within a fast, dynamic startup environment
- Experience owning a P&L or substantial financial responsibility
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Tanner Hackett, CEO & Founder: Having founded two other major startups, including Button and Lazada, Tanner now spends his time focused on mental health through his philanthropy,org, in addition to reading, surfing, yoga, and enjoying the outdoors.
- Chris Shafer, Chief of Staff: Chris is a published scientific author, having studied the neural correlates of gratitude at the lauded Brain and Creativity Institute. He has since helped to launch numerous businesses in which he held a variety of critical roles from product management to business operations to strategic partnerships. Chris received his bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences from the University of Southern California.
- Dave Lin, Product Lead: Prior to joining Counterpart, Dave spent the last decade building and scaling products at Yext, Apple, Amazon, and Hookit (a San Diego-based sport sponsorship data analytics startup that was ultimately acquired). He has a MS and a BS in Electrical Engineering from University of California, San Diego.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work from Anywhere: Counterpart is a fully remote distributed company, meaning there is no office. We allow employees to work from wherever they do their best work, and invite the team to meet in person a couple times per year.
- Unlimited Vacation: We offer flexible time off, allowing you to take time when you need it.
- Stock Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Parental Leave
- Home Office Allowance: to set up your home office with the necessary equipment and accessories.
- Book stipend
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- No working birthdays: Take your birthday off, giving you the opportunity to relax, enjoy your special day, and spend time with loved ones
- Charitable Contribution Matching
- Conjoin Expectations - it is the cornerstone of autonomy. Ensure you are aware of what is expected of you and clearly articulate what you expect of others.
- Speak Boldly & Honestly - the only failure is not learning from mistakes. Don’t cheat yourself and your colleagues of the feedback needed when expectations aren’t being met.
- Be Entrepreneurial - control your own destiny. Embrace action over perfection while navigating any obstacles that stand in the way of your ultimate goal.
- Practice Omotenashi (“selfless hospitality”) - trust will follow. Consider every interaction with internal and external partners an opportunity to develop trust by going above and beyond what is expected.
- Hold Nothing As Sacred - create routines but modify them routinely. Take the time to reflect on where the business is today, where it needs to go, and what you have to change in order to get there.
- Prioritize Wellness - some things should never be sacrificed. We create an environment that stretches everyone to grow and improve, which is fulfilling, but is only one part of a meaningful life.
Counterpart is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.