Head of Business Services
Head of Business Services
Counterpart believes in small businesses and is dedicated to helping them do more with less risk. By pairing leading insurance experts with cutting-edge technology, Counterpart empowers small business owners to grow with confidence. Exceptional underwriters, trusted insurance brokers, and prominent insurance carriers come together on the Counterpart platform to support small businesses by providing AI-driven management and professional liability underwriting and claims services. That’s where you come in.
Counterpart is building a service & tech infrastructure to support small businesses with time-critical & ongoing legal & HR support. As an early member of the team you will drive our customer acquisition strategy and execution, along with supporting product development and customer support. You’ll be the owner of our growth through customer sourcing, adoption, engagement, and retention. To be successful you’ll need to execute ruthlessly and quickly adapt to evolving KPIs and customer needs.
- Develop, test, and iterate on a multi-channel marketing and / or sales strategy across small businesses to drive adoption of our small business services
- Develop a deep understanding of user pain points and use that knowledge to design and deliver innovative solutions that address the needs of small businesses.
- Collaborate with agile design & engineering teams on the design, development, and adoption of new tools and services.
- Maximize customer retention by closely monitoring and actioning upon engagement with each services offering along with the changes in the overall CSAT
- Guide small business customers through HR, compliance, & legal needs in collaboration with external partners and AI products.
- 5+ years experience working in special projects, operations, customer acquisition or growth at a startup company
- History of successful B2B customer acquisition
- Product management experience across complex projects
- Ability to multithread delivery of intricate and time-critical projects with minimal resources
- Experience continually optimizing process, product, and people through rapid ideation, testing, and iteration
- Comfortable executing within a fast, dynamic startup environment
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Tanner Hackett, CEO & Founder: Having founded two other major startups, including Button and Lazada, Tanner now spends his time focused on mental health through his philanthropy, Openminded.org, in addition to reading, surfing, yoga, and enjoying the outdoors.
- Chris Shafer, Chief of Staff: Chris is a published scientific author, having studied the neural correlates of gratitude at the lauded Brain and Creativity Institute. He has since helped to launch numerous businesses in which he held a variety of critical roles from product management to business operations to strategic partnerships. Chris received his bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences from the University of Southern California.
- Dave Lin, Product Lead: Prior to joining Counterpart, Dave spent the last decade building and scaling products at Yext, Apple, Amazon, and Hookit (a San Diego-based sport sponsorship data analytics startup that was ultimately acquired). He has a MS and a BS in Electrical Engineering from University of California, San Diego.
We are committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.