Real Estate Research Analyst
New York, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
CompStak envisions a commercial real estate industry in which accurate and transparent data leads to better, faster deals for everyone. We gather critical information that is hard to access, then make it instantly and seamlessly available to our platform members.
Location: New York, New York (Hybrid, 3 days in-office per week)
As CompStak grows, we need a talented Real Estate Research Analyst to work as part of our Data Operations team to ensure the highest data quality. This role will help real estate professionals do their jobs better by providing access and insight into the best-in-class, most accurate data in the industry. We are looking for a highly motivated data detective who has a passion for real estate technology and enjoys spending hours poring through information to piece together solutions and insights.
- Master our Data
- Analyze erroneous data and suggest solutions to improve data quality
- Develop workflows for efficient data collection and quality assurance
- Normalize entities for tenants, owners, and brokerages
- Enrich property information from a myriad of sources
- Research true ownership information of business entities
- Improve the coverage and completeness of the entire CompStak data collection.
- Identify new opportunities and data sets for deeper product impact.
- Dream up new ways to scale up and solidify our research efforts.
- Become an expert in sales comparison approach and leasing fundamentals.
- Master all the relevant data we collect and how it impacts our different products.
- Participate in product efforts of designing better tools for collection and quality.
Set the Stage
Improve your Knowledge
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience or relevant education.
- Proficient in working with & analyzing data.
- Highly organized, methodical & detail-oriented.
- Problem solver.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Consummate knowledge of Google Workspace & Microsoft Excel.
- Exude research competency & resourcefulness.
- Commercial real estate knowledge a plus but not required.
The base pay ranges provided below are for NYC Metro-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than the NYC Metro area may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Pay range: $60,000 - $70,000
Launched in 2012, we’ve built a network of over 30,000 brokers, appraisers and research professionals across the country, using a unique crowdsourced model. Our clients enjoy the foremost lease and sale transaction data combined with a robust analytics platform. CompStak’s unique data and intuitive platform is used by the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, brokers and appraisers to compare properties, underwrite investments and loans, close deals and track market trends.
CompStak has over 100 team members in the US and overseas; and we continue to grow. We’re backed by top VCs and industry players like Morgan Stanley, Canaan Partners, IA Capital, Transamerica, Moody’s, RealPage, 500 Startups, and Daily Mail Group, and have raised over $75m to date. Our HQ is in New York City, we have regional offices in Atlanta, Chicago and Los Angeles, and we have an international office in Belgrade, Serbia.
We pride ourselves on an environment that is fun, collaborative, and rewards hard work. We look forward to the value that future employees will add to our amazing teams!
CompStak is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates employees and applicants of all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We foster a welcoming work environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and we reject discrimination or harassment of any individual. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with any part of the application process, please let us know. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.