Real Estate Intelligence Analyst
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
CompStak envisions a commercial real estate industry in which accurate and transparent data leads to better, faster deals for everyone. We gather critical information that is hard to access, then make it instantly and seamlessly available to our platform members.
CompStak is looking for a Real Estate Researcher to join the Real Estate Intelligence team in analyzing
and interpreting CompStak's unique commercial lease, sale and property data set, providing best-in-class
insights on the commercial real estate (CRE) market, and producing compelling research content.
This is a Hybrid role. Three days per week in our NYC office.
Goals of the Real Estate Intelligence team at CompStak:
- Promote CompStak as a thought leader and source for real estate and economic trends through the production of content including newsletters, reports and presentations.
- Showcase CompStak’s unique, accurate, real time and real market and transaction data and resources.
- Produce a periodic Market Intel Newsletter featuring short-form content including charts, blogs and analysis using CompStak data.
- Create reports, presentations and short-form content that helps CompStak’s Client Success, Enterprise and Exchange teams engage existing clients and exchange partners and grow new client and exchange partner base.
- Highlight CompStak's new product launches and partners/clients, etc. through content.
- Engage and publish CompStak data and reports with media/industry news.
- Collect, organize and analyze data on key issues and trends in the Commercial Real Estate Industry and the economy from the perspective of brokers, tenants, lenders,minvestors, appraisers, and more using CompStak data and other resources.
- Build and manage RE Intelligence internal Sisense dashboards tracking market trends in coordination with the Data Science team.
- Assist with a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research activities including collection and preparation of data, as well as extraction and written analysis of data, from CompStak and other sources to create summaries, tables, and visuals for market intel newsletters, reports and other deliverables.
- Create and update presentations for internal and external events.
- Produce infographics, charts, graphs, and maps to visualize analyses and trends using Infogram, Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), and Figma using CompStak brand and visual guidelines.
- In conjunction with the overall team, inform and maintain processes and tools for quality control, analysis, and content production.
- Contribute ideas for new market intel content and report angles.
- As requested, assist with external requests for RE Intelligence data and analysis from media/news or CompStak clients.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years professional experience in CRE, economic, capital markets or financial research and market analysis.
- Knowledge or first-hand industry experience in office or industrial CRE sectors would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of basic statistical, real estate and financial terms required.
- Familiarity with economic, financial, and real estate market data sources including public resources like BLS and the Census and subscription data providers like Moody’s/REIS.
- Experience cleaning, managing, and analyzing large data sets/databases with strong attention to detail.
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively with other members of the team and departments, including CompStak’s marketing team.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills including ability to synthesize data and summarize and communicate conclusions and trends.
- Strong MS Excel/PPT skills.
- BA/BS required, preferably in Economics, Real Estate, Finance, Urban Planning or Business Administration.
- Experience in and desire to work with SQL and Python or other data analysis or visualization languages or software is a strong plus.
- Experience in ArcGIS or other spatial/mapping software a plus.
The base pay ranges provided below are for NYC Metro-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than the NYC Metro area may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Pay range: $70,000-85,000.
Launched in 2012, we’ve built a network of over 30,000 brokers, appraisers and research professionals across the country, using a unique crowdsourced model. Our clients enjoy the foremost lease and sale transaction data combined with a robust analytics platform. CompStak’s unique data and intuitive platform is used by the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, brokers and appraisers to compare properties, underwrite investments and loans, close deals and track market trends.
CompStak has over 100 team members in the US and overseas; and we continue to grow. We’re backed by top VCs and industry players like Morgan Stanley, Canaan Partners, IA Capital, Transamerica, Moody’s, RealPage, 500 Startups, and Daily Mail Group, and have raised over $75m to date. Our HQ is in New York City, we have regional offices in Atlanta, Chicago and Los Angeles, and we have an international office in Belgrade, Serbia.
We pride ourselves on an environment that is fun, collaborative, and rewards hard work. We look forward to the value that future employees will add to our amazing teams!
CompStak is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates employees and applicants of all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We foster a welcoming work environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and we reject discrimination or harassment of any individual. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with any part of the application process, please let us know. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
See more open positions at CompStak
Something looks off?