Office Experience Coordinator (SQS Settlement Services)
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. Founded in 2012, we’re revolutionizing the real estate industry with our end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to seller and buyer clients.
The Settlement Coordinator is responsible for reviewing title commitments, file notes and all documents related to preparation of Settlement Statements/Closing Disclosures and closing document packages. Will accurately calculate payoffs and collect property taxes as applicable. Prepares Settlement Statements in accordance with client’s instructions. Assembles closing document packages and provides to signing agent. Could assist client in resolution of closing related issues with minimal assistance from department lead and/or management.
Settlement Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Management and completion of all tasks necessary to smoothly and successfully close residential title transactions, including preparing CDs/ALTAs/HUDs, final closing packages, issuing title policies, and assist with post-closing matters, as needed.
• Communication with realtors, lenders, mortgage brokers, and clients to ensure timely, smooth, and accurate transactions.
• Review and mark up title commitment.
• Identify and resolve any title clearing and insurability issues with the underwriter.
• Finalize the Closing Disclosure and ALTA Settlement Statement and deliver to all parties 3 days prior to closing.
• Confirm receipt of loan funding wire, obtain funding approval, and disburse files.
• Review and correction of all recordables prior to closing and/or recording.
• Balance anticipated incoming wires with lenders.
• Review of files prior to submission to Post Closing.
• Other duties, as required/assigned by management.
Settlement Coordinator Qualifications:
• Must have a high school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
• Experience with title and settlement statements preferred
• 1+ years administrative experience or support preferred.
• Title industry software experience desired.
• Experience with MS Office Suite.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Project management skills and high attention to detail.
• The flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and client needs.
• A dedication to customer service and an alignment with our mission and values.
• Nonexempt Status/Full-time
• Assigned Settlement Officer
• Branch Manager
Perks that You Need to Know About:
Participation in our incentive programs (which may include where eligible cash, equity, or commissions). Plus paid vacation, holidays, sick time, parental leave, marriage leave, and recharge leave; medical, tele-health, dental and vision benefits; 401(k) plan; flexible spending accounts (FSAs); commuter program; life and disability insurance; Maven (a support system for new parents); Carrot (fertility benefits); UrbanSitter (caregiver referral network); Employee Assistance Program; and pet insurance.
Something looks off?