Business Development Representative
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. Founded in 2012, we’re revolutionizing the real estate industry with our end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to seller and buyer clients.
Our Strategic Growth team is the face of the company and the engine of our market expansion. As a Strategic Growth Partner, you are directly responsible for driving net-new pipeline for our Strategic Growth Team.
In its simplest form, the SGP’s role is to educate the Compass Agent Community on the benefits and importance of contributing to the Strategic Growth of Compass. Successful SGPs partner with Compass Agents to identify who in their network of Prospective Agents should be introduced to a Strategic Growth Manager. The Strategic Growth Manager then meets with the Prospective Agent to discuss the Compass value proposition (technology, marketing, culture and growth). SGPs are the future of the Strategic Growth organization. In addition to the direct impact this role has as a partner to the SGMs in the market, you will ultimately be working toward the goal of becoming an SGM yourself. From onboarding all the way through a formal SGP-to-SGM training program, your focus will be on developing the skills and knowledge that line a direct path into the closing sales position.
- You generate new business opportunities to build our sales pipeline through both inbound and outbound efforts
- Outreach directly into prospective agents that fit our ideal persona via cold-calls, text, emails, integrated marketing campaigns, LinkedIn campaigns and other methods
- Articulate our value prop and objection handle to create qualified opportunities in your market
- You work closely with the Strategic Growth Managers and Team Leaders to develop successful prospecting strategies,
- Document all activities within our CRM, maintaining flawless data management
- Drive active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create new processes and refine existing processes through innovative thinking
- Analyze addressable market in nascent geographies and create demand for disruptive technology
- Become a critical part of the high performing team, adding value to each SGM’s sales process
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience with history of strong performance (SDR, Customer Success/Service, Direct Sales, Account Management)
- Strong interpersonal and rapport-building skills, glass-half-full mentality, natural leader
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively lead client meetings and presentations
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Track record of excellence across strategic, operational, and detail-demanding functional responsibilities
- The base pay range for this position is $68,000 - $100,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Bonuses and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits. Base pay is based on market location. Minimum wage for the position will always be met.
Perks that You Need to Know About:
Participation in our incentive programs (which may include where eligible cash, equity, or commissions). Plus paid vacation, holidays, sick time, parental leave, marriage leave, and recharge leave; medical, tele-health, dental and vision benefits; 401(k) plan; flexible spending accounts (FSAs); commuter program; life and disability insurance; Maven (a support system for new parents); Carrot (fertility benefits); UrbanSitter (caregiver referral network); Employee Assistance Program; and pet insurance.
Something looks off?