Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role
As we are growing our customer base quickly, we want to continue creating a memorable first impression by providing a personalized, streamlined and efficient onboarding experience. This role offers an exciting opportunity to lead a high-impact team to shape the future of Collective’s core product.
Onboarding consists of the experience from after payment and becoming a paid member to establishing legal entity for their businesses. It also includes a set up of necessary softwares (i.e. accounting and payroll) to be on “auto-pilot” for Collective’s recurring bookkeeping, accounting, and tax services. All members will experience onboarding and the goal is to have all members and their businesses understand Collective’s services and set up to receive Collective’s recurring services.
- Work a team of talented engineers, product managers and designers to deliver a world class tax product
- Mentor and grow engineering team, fostering a culture of high performance and empathy
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of the engineering management team
- Ensure timely delivery of complex, multi-disciplinary, and highly visible projects
What we want you to bring
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering, or related technical roles
- 3+ years of experience in managing and leading technical teams
- Experience managing a team that has delivered a great product with solid foundations
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Technical enough to ask engineers questions and drive clarity about architecture and product decisions
- Organizational leadership experience, including experience collaborating with non-technical stakeholders and weighing tradeoffs
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Have successfully led geographically distributed teams
- Experience developing/shaping internally and externally facing products
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
What we offer in return:
- Compensation Range: $180,000 - $220,000 USD annual base salary
- A remote first environment
- A diverse and collaborative team culture
- Stock options package
- 14 company holidays + unlimited PTO
- Employer paid Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% coverage for employees
- 75% coverage for dependents
- up to $5,000 for out of state travel expenses, if needed
- PC or Mac laptop + $750 Home office stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Team events and virtual gatherings
- $600 wellness bonus
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.