Senior Tax Accountant
Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the role:
As part of the Tax team, you will play a hybrid role of tax advisor and trusted tax accountant to our beloved customers. You will have the ability to manage a portfolio of customers and contribute significantly to the organization. Your impact will be felt from the brand to the bottom line. Beyond just the business, you will be a valuable liaison between tax management and junior staff on the Collective team.
If you relate to the difficulties of being self-employed, navigating the world of setting up entities, keeping the books, getting taxes done, and want to join a small team, read on.
- Inform members on how S-Corps work and how they can be a tool to optimize taxes, tell them how Collective works.
- Understand our clients’ financial background, financial goals, help them identify optimization opportunities, help them make a decision on reasonable salary, train them on quarterly checks, quarterly estimates and how Collective works.
- Perform 5 checks per year to evaluate their finances, help them to make better financial decisions, decide on their reasonable salary and how much-estimated taxes they should pay.
- Provide them with year-round tax advice and provide customer support.
- Prepare and help to fill their personal and business taxes
- Build and lead a team of emerging Tax professionals taking responsibility for their day to day tasks, success, and failure ensuring their continuous growth.
What we want you to bring:
- 2+ years of relevant tax experience.
- CPA or EA Certified or 5+ years of experience dealing with 1120, 1120S and 1040s.
- 10+ former or current clients working with self-employed/small businesses (less than $1M revenue).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust with self-employed professionals of all types.
- Tech-savvy - needs to be very familiar or capable of learning and teaching tools quickly.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex, cross-functional workstreams.
- Experience with using UltraTax (or other tax softwares), QBO, Gusto, Salesforce, G Suite.
What we offer in return:
Compensation Range: $72,000-$88,000 USD annual base salary.
The salary ranges for the roles are posted for your convenience and review. Please understand that if an offer is presented, the offer compensation package will be based on the relevant position related skills a candidate demonstrates during our formal interview process.
- A remote first environment.
- A diverse and collaborative team culture.
- Stock options package.
- 14 company holidays + unlimited PTO.
- Employer paid Health, Vision and Dental Insurance.
- 100% coverage for employees
- 75% coverage for dependents
- PC or Mac laptop + $750 Home office stipend.
- Paid parental leave.
- Team events and virtual gatherings.
- $600 wellness bonus.
- Professional development courses available for CPAs and Enrolled Agents.
- Out of State Medical Care Travel Stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.