Associate, Partner Management
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The consumer partner management team at Coinbase is focused on maximizing the value that Coinbase generates from its partner relationships. These relationships are critical to the health and growth of Coinbase’s largest and most important business. Within the team there is a vertical focus on mobile/growth, stablecoin, brand and payments that work closely with the deal leads in each area. In some cases the deals are first-of-a-kind, and we are learning what works, and in others the deal types are more well-established and the team is focused on optimizing and scaling processes. Each vertical team works in support of the shared objectives developed by the product org, overseeing successful launches, driving performance and renegotiating terms for existing deals.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Help execute the partner management strategy and tactics that will support Coinbase’s expansion
- Work independently to lead cross-functional partnership initiatives, working with product, finance, comms, compliance, legal and marketing
- Support all elements of the partner management life cycle: scoping of opportunities, identifying potential partners, framing of value, negotiating agreements, and implementation and optimization
- Maintain healthy and productive relationships with partners, resolving business, policy and technical issues.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3+ years of work experience
- You enjoy and excel at working cross functionally to deliver results through partnerships
- You have shown the ability to build and manage relationships with product and business leaders, internally and externally
- You have great strategic instincts and can exercise good judgment in ambiguous situations
- You have great interpersonal and communications skills
- You’re intellectually curious and think in a structured way
Nice to haves:
- Experience in business development, product or growth a plus
- You’ve been successful in negotiating a broad set of different types of deals
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.