Engineering Manager - Salesforce
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase has an exciting Engineering Manager opportunity to join the Enterprise Applications and Architecture BU Delivery organization and lead our Developer, Listings and Legal engineering teams. This experienced leader will manage an Agile engineering team of 6+ engineers, predominantly focused on delivering initiatives in our B2B Salesforce instance. They are responsible for maintaining and growing our engineering team, leading development of custom applications, up-leveling our engineering maturity, ensuring the platform architecture can scale to an enterprise model, maintaining security best practices, and ideating and driving Salesforce evangelism across teams. The ideal candidate will have significant previous experience in Salesforce, Force.com and their ecosystem delivering high quality engineering solutions with hands-on APEX development, API development, demonstrating clear passion about transforming technology into critical business value. You will synthesize a product vision into key technical decisions and partner with multiple engineering teams that use Salesforce to buy, build, launch, and scale their applications on Salesforce.You will report to the Sr. Engineering Manager of BU Delivery and be part of the larger EAA engineering org.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage a small team of Engineers to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions against the product backlog of requirements and functional capabilities
- Consistently practice the giving and receiving of both positive and constructive feedback with your team.
- Partner with your direct’s on impactful career development plans with consistent mentorship to level up their abilities
- Accountable and responsible for all Salesforce engineering delivery for your supported Business Units:
- Meeting delivery expectations and goals as negotiated with the Product Manager using Agile methodologies
- Logging, observability and alerting for your systems of ownership
- Incident response management and meeting of SLA’s
- Architecture governance and best practices
- Improving the developer experience and removing blockers
- Program management adoption of agreed upon standards
- Architect technical solutions for the long-term, balancing time-to-market versus the health of the platforms.
- Responsible for hands-on development of technical features, POC’s and spikes, as well as code quality and code reviews of the team
- Lead the product and the platform - from technical design and development to the support and maintenance of it.
- Responsible for production metrics and meeting production SLAs
- Responsible for all engineering practices in your team and raising the maturity level in each discipline:
- Product Quality
- Technical Debt Management
- Architect technical solutions that span multiple platforms
- Balance need for functional and nonfunctional requirements (availability, scalability, security, performance, etc.)
- Work closely with the Security teams to identify and implement unique security requirements relevant for the Coinbase business model
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years hands-on development experience on Salesforce and the ecosystem of technologies, with 2 years as Tech Lead
- At least 2 years of people management experience leading a team of 5 or more full time employees
- 2 years of experience leading Salesforce development and Apex patterns like Trigger Action Framework and FFLIB
- Experience with integration of large systems and custom products
- Clear communication and orchestration of technical resources
- Unique background in programming in functional and/or object oriented programming languages like Java, Scala, Ruby and Golang.
- Natural curiosity to learn and understand different architectures, technologies and functional domains
- Working knowledge of Jira, CI/CD tooling, GitHub and overall Devops experience
- Proven ability to build order out of chaos, with minimal guidance
- Salesforce Certifications: Certified Platform App Builder, Platform Developer I and II, and Application Architect
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Salesforce Architecture certifications: Application, Integration, B2B Solution, etc.
- Experience with Salesforce CLI-based CI/CD and developer tooling
- Offshore resource management experience
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.