Senior Risk Solutions Structurer
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase Risk Solutions (CRS) is the subsidiary of Coinbase responsible for creating structured yield and access products for Coinbase’s institutional and crypto-native clients.
We are growing this team and are looking for motivated people to help chart the path of a new and rapidly expanding business. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, then you’ve come to the right place.
CRS is managed from Singapore but has a global team drawn from traditional finance, legal, fintech and crypto-native backgrounds. We are looking for an experienced structurer with at least 4 years experience of structured transaction development and execution, ideally having leveraged this experience in a crypto native firm.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Structuring & execution of CRS client transactions
- Management of external law firms and 3rd party service providers
- Drafting of accounting and audit policies
- Transaction pipeline management and prioritization of clients
- Close liaison with tax, legal, operations, accounting, treasury, risk & compliance to ensure all aspects of transaction execution are covered
- Extensive interaction with/provide support to internal sales teams to market CRS’ products.
- Developing economic and pricing models associated with client trades
- Overseeing the drafting of legal documentation
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5y+ experience of structured transaction execution in a front office role at a top tier investment bank, buy-side institution or consulting firm - any asset class
- Strong quantitative skills
- Proven track record of structured transaction execution in a front office capacity (any asset class)
- Strong Excel, Powerpoint and data management skills
- Expert knowledge in at least two of: international tax, securitisation, CLN/repackaging, loan syndication/structuring, fundamental credit analysis, OTC derivative structuring
- Established relationships across structured finance service providers and investors (appropriate to professional background)
- Deep interest in digital assets and the crypto ecosystem
- Experience working with diverse cross-functional internal stakeholders
- Proven track record of client management and retention
Nice to haves:
- Strong quantitative skills with experience in data mining (Python, SQL), research and analysis
- Established relationships with crypto-native institutions and/or protocols
- Experience working in a structuring role at a crypto firm
- Legal or accounting qualifications
- Singapore Resident
- Additional languages
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.