Deputy Chief Regulatory Officer, Coinbase Derivatives Exchange
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Deputy Chief Regulatory Officer of Coinbase Derivatives Exchange (CDE) will work closely with CDE’s Chief Regulatory Officer to impartially and effectively execute CDE’s responsibilities as a self-regulatory organization.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Serve as second-in-command of CDE’s Market Regulation Department
- Provide expertise and serve as subject matter expert on CDE’s rulebook, policies and procedures, and CFTC regulatory landscape for DCMs
- Provide advice and guidance to CDE staff on DCM Core Principles
- Work closely with CDE trade surveillance personnel to identify violations that require heightened review
- Manage regulatory investigations
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 7+ years experience providing compliance and regulatory support for/at DCMs
- Experience interacting with CFTC and NFA
- Sound understanding of market fundamentals, trading practices, investigative and surveillance techniques, and DCM trade practice rules
- Strong analytical skills to document observations and findings in written memoranda and reports, and engage in written requests for information from internal stakeholders of all levels including regulators
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple assignments with cross functional stakeholders
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with CFTC Division of Enforcement and Division of Market Oversight
- Futures trading experience
Job #: P51603
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $144,500 to $170,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Something looks off?