Director, People Platform & Insights
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
- Lead the global People systems roadmap and team to deliver a best-in-class, self-service user experience
- Build a high-performing, collaborative, metrics-driven organization that ensures data integrity, high-quality analysis and actionable insights that improve business outcomes
- Implement leading People technology and analytics practices; support the development and refinement of systems that support cyclical HR processes and improve the overall manager and employee experience when interacting with our core HR systems
- Accountable for global HR system data integrity, reporting & analytics and audit controls at global scale for a remote-first company
- Serves as an integral member of the People Leadership Team to advise on programs impacting the organization as a whole; collaborate across the People Team to create and continuously fine-tune programs through feedback loops, metrics, trends, key insights and detailed analyses
- Partner with People Team to drive the coordination of global people operations execution; identify opportunities for elimination of manual processes and implement scalable solutions and processes
- Collaborate cross-functionally with senior leaders to understand business needs, identify the optimal solutions and present your recommendation to the leadership team
- Evolve and enhance our HR programs, processes, technologies, and vendor portfolios
Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of HRIS management and analytics experience, with expertise in Workday and experience leading successful multi-phased Workday implementations
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading an analytics function, preferably with experience in standing up a new analytics function in a global environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required in quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- Deep expertise with Workday ecosystem; strong technical acumen in translating business processes into technical requirements and managing integrations with HR related systems (e.g., benefits portal, payroll, ATS)
- Experience designing and implementing scalable, high-quality HR systems and supporting public company compliance requirements
- Strong operational background with experience working in high-growth technology companies collaborating with distributed teams
- Strong analytical background; familiarity with data ETL, statistical analysis, common data languages and statistical tools required to produce data insights
- Demonstrated track record of leading high-performing teams
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize and drive to success multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner; excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to influence, engage and partner closely with business partners across all levels of the organization.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $175,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $200,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses