Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
The Claims team at Coalition stands apart for our outstanding level of consumer service and knowledgeable handling of claims for our insured customers. As a team, Claims is about finding ways to help our consumers find a solution to cyber risk. As we continue to expand, we are seeking an experienced claims professional to join our cyber claims team and lend a hand in handling intricate primary Cyber, Tech, and Media policies. You will also provide assistance to the underwriting team and manage/collaborate with a variety of vendors namely - breach coaches, defense counsel, and coverage counsel for Coalition and its partner carriers.
- Handle claims from FNOL to close: Including initial call, the coordination with breach counsel, forensic investigators and other vendors;
- Evaluate full pending of claims in affiliation with posting and recommending accurate reserves;
- Handle litigation and third party liability claims arising from security failures or data breaches, and claims involving media, privacy, and tech E&O liability. This will include full evaluation of liability, recommendation of actions to litigation counsel and carrier partners, reserving recommendation and reasoning, and alternative dispute resolution;
- Excellent and regular, accurate file documentation/information in our claims system;
- Assess liability and damage data in complex claims while maintaining appropriate documentation for compliance purposes;
- Identify and evaluate insurance coverage issues (third and first party);
- Intelligently guide, review and track third-party vendors and service providers;
- Maintain and develop relationships with brokers and various positions within an insured's business including: risk managers, general counsel, and a variety of vendors;
- Identify settlement opportunities to maximize impact;
- Collaborate in the defense and resolution of claims;
- Provide data and reason-based informational assistance to underwriters;
- Provide assistance to business development partners with regard to marketing including providing educational opportunities internally and externally;
- Handle intake of new cyber breach claims as part of Coalition’s breach hotline, including guiding insureds and brokers through next steps during high-stress situations; and
- Liaise with partner carriers on a daily basis.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience handling cyber, tech, and/or media claims is required
- Must hold independent adjuster licenses to adjust cyber claims in the state you are domiciled. Other states are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience to work as part of a team, interact with others, meet goals, and successfully perform in a changing work environment.
- Excellent communication and interactive experience.
- Team-oriented with aptitude to excel in a collegial environment but work proactively
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $107,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $167,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses