Document Support Engineer Intern
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
The documents platform team at Coalition is responsible for providing the tools and expertise for creation, storage and analysis of insurance documents to enable Coalition to turn raw data into actionable intelligence. Support Engineer interns work closely with software engineers, product managers and production underwriters in building documents for our customers.
As a support engineer, you will develop and support new templates, and maintain existing document templates. You will have the opportunity to utilize scripts with the guidance of our software engineers to simplify or improve writing templates. This role provides an excellent opportunity to experience cross team collaboration while honing your technical skills.
This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Create, develop and test templates for various documents/endorsements across all our insurance lines
- Maintain all document templates across different development environments
- Improve the templating tools and process in partnership with Software Engineers
- Interface with product managers and business users to develop and create templates
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in any scripting language
- Some coding experience in Python, or similar languages
- Ability to collaborate with your team in a fast-paced environment
- Excited to learn and grow skills and a strong passion for problem solving
- Clear and professional communication
- Experience with documents, templating and document management
- Project management
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses