Principal Product Designer
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
- Spearhead innovative solutions to complex usability problems, demonstrating a deep understanding of user needs and industry best practices
- Lead the creation of clean, modern visual designs for the user interface, aligning them with established brand guidelines and expanding the product's visual language
- Develop comprehensive task flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes that cater to customer needs and enhance the overall user experience
- Collaborate seamlessly with UX and Visual Designers to craft attractive, intuitive, and user-friendly software that exceeds customer expectations
- Effectively communicate design concepts and prototypes to developers, ensuring smooth implementation and preserving the design vision throughout development
- Take ownership of multiple projects simultaneously, utilizing your seasoned experience to manage time effectively and provide guidance to fellow team members
Skills and Qualifications
- Impressive portfolio showcasing a wide array of successful design projects
- Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Design, or a related field focusing on user comprehension and human-centered design principles
- Over 6+ years of hands-on experience in roles such as UX Designer, UI Designer, Product Designer, or similar, with a proven track record of delivering exceptional product experiences
- Profound expertise in user interface and interaction design, with a deep understanding of industry-leading best practices
- Display excellent visual design skills, consistently producing a clean, modern, and friendly aesthetic that elevates the product's visual appeal
- Proficient in identifying product specifications and understanding user psychology, ensuring the designs resonate with the target audience
- Demonstrated aptitude for creative problem-solving and a keen eye for detail, ensuring the highest level of quality in every aspect of the design process
- Outstanding communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and present design ideas persuasively
- Highly skilled in industry-standard product design software (e.g., Sketch, Figma, InVision, Balsamiq), enabling seamless design workflows and collaboration
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS and previous experience collaborating with front-end developers to bridge the gap between design and implementation
- Proactively explore emerging user needs through user research, staying ahead of trends to inform cutting-edge design solutions
- Prior experience in B2B product development, demonstrating an understanding of enterprise-level user needs and workflows
- Proficiency in designing tools that streamline and enhance a user's daily workflow, promoting efficiency and productivity
- Track record of excelling in a fast-paced start-up environment, showcasing adaptability and the ability to thrive in dynamic settings
- Proficient in front-end development, with hands-on experience in HTML/CSS, allowing for seamless collaboration with development teams on user interface implementation
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses