Senior Compensation Analyst
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated Senior Compensation Analyst to collaborate with our leadership team to help drive, align and implement Coalition’s global compensation framework. Key deliverables include operationalizing compensation programs that comply with regulatory requirements, drive business results and employee engagement, and enhance our culture.
This is a fully remote position that can be based anywhere within the US.
- Develop and conduct analyses, interpret results and make recommendations that support the development of new or redesign of existing compensation programs aligned with Coalition’s reward strategy.
- Compensation Modeling and Scenario Analysis: Build and maintain intricate compensation models and use advanced modeling techniques to simulate scenarios, assess the impact of changes, and optimize compensation structures.
- Provide Managers and key stakeholders guidance and counsel on salary proposals, salary structure, job evaluations, promotion requests and other comp related programs to support Coalition’s priorities.
- Help drive our annual merit cycle planning and mid-year light review including determining the company merit, promotion and equity budget in partnership with Talent, People and Finance teams.
- Participate in salary surveys, survey analysis, and maintenance of survey databases to analyze market competitiveness to internal positions as needed.
- Prepare reports and analysis to review compensation issues, extracting and manipulating data as necessary from the HRIS.
- Participate in the design and development of automation tools to improve the speed, efficiency and quality of compensation information available to employees and managers.
- Interpret applicable laws regulating compensation practices.
- Audit existing or proposed job classifications to obtain information regarding responsibilities, activities, duties and FLSA exemption requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related professional experience
- High level of proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, delivering, and auditing work
- Professional experience with analyzing and communicating Radford and other survey data sources
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams across various countries and time zones
- CCP designation a plus
- Experience working within an Insurance/FinTech firm a plus
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $111,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $175,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses