Frontend Engineer- Cyber Experience
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
Frontend Engineers at Coalition focus on driving amazing user experiences for internal and external customers. You will work closely with design/product/engineering/business stakeholders to enable the team to deliver and operate quality user experiences across the web. In addition to contributing to our user experiences, you’ll also help shape how we build them, operate them, and work together as teams through your contributions both to our cultural and technical ideals.
The Cyber Experience platform currently leverages React, JS, GraphQL to create fluid experiences for our customers. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate an environment with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in Canada.
- Build out high quality user experiences within software applications and components
- Work with cross functional stakeholders including product, design, sales, and others to help break down business requirements into actionable plans
- Collaborate to develop and deliver applications in a repeatable, stable, and joyful software development lifecycle
- Develop test cases and uphold standards of engineering excellence
- Make Coalition a better place by taking on the unseen, unforeseen, and important items that come up along the way
Skills and Qualifications
- Computer Science or Engineering degree, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- It’s not the years, it’s the miles but we’d expect you’d like have 2+ years of hands-on software development experience building SPAs, components, and interactive experiences
- Experience building performant SPAs using React and TypeScript from written requirements and hi-fi visual mockups
- Analyzing software errors with tools like Sentry, DataDog, Jaeger/Zipkin, GreyLog, or App Dynamics
- Use of source control (git, svn, perforce)
- Proficiency managing agile software development practices at scale
- Working with an agile team using collaborative development tools (Atlassian Suite, GitHub, GitLab)
- Experience with multiple transport formats (JSON/REST, graphQL, Protobufs/gRPC)
- Monorepo development experience
- Prior fintech or Insuretech experience
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses