Senior Product Manager - Security & Risk
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
As a Senior Product Manager at Coalition, you will own one of the company's strategic product areas and have material impact on business outcomes. You will own the responsibility of shaping and defining how our cyber security services interface with our risk management platform to run an efficient and profitable cyber insurance business over the long-term - enabling better underwriting, risk modeling, pricing, quoting, security issue mitigation and more.
This is a remote position that can be based anywhere in the United States/Canada.
- Build a differentiated product roadmap by identifying important problems, opportunities for innovation, understanding the needs of personas, and studying the market and competition
- Interface with multiple stakeholders - security research, security analysts, underwriting, risk engineering, and claims to create robust products and solutions that reduce risk
- Partner with Engineering and Data Science to define detailed feature specifications, track dependencies, and manage projects with efficient processes
- Define goals for risk reduction while continuing to drive growth of the business, and track success of your deliverables, fine-tuning your goals through continuous learning
- Make data-driven product decisions based on metric-driven analysis and qualitative user feedback, prioritizing ruthlessly to make swift tradeoffs and deliver the roadmap
- Create a delightful user experience, our goals, and protecting our customers from security risks – investing in projects that drive the business long-term
- Become a thought-leader in the security space and help strengthen Coalition’s security brand
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience building software products and services, especially cybersecurity and/or SaaS
- Solid track record taking products from an idea (yours and others) all the way to customer benefit
- Ability to connect the dots across a complex environment and identify opportunities and risks
- Ability to articulate complex technical problems to stakeholders from different areas of the business and guide discussions to actionable outcomes
- Track record of delivering products working with an agile engineering organization and managing dependencies across multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity with SQL (or similar) and manipulating large data sets to derive insights and make product recommendations
- Proven track record of product growth via quantitative analysis and qualitative feedback
- Experience creating and enhancing mechanisms and process efficiencies that scale
- Maturity to balance short-term and long-term development needs simultaneously
- Comfortable with change; rapid company growth demands and rewards flexibility
- Ability to lead independently, through influence and acumen
- Highly effective communication skills, especially written, for multiple audiences
- Willingness to step in to fill gaps and push for team success
- Trusted by team members and outside customers alike to deliver on what is promised
- Real-world experience with cybersecurity, playing defense, offense, or both
- Experience with the business of insurance, or related regulated financial products
- Engaging writing for an external audience: a company or personal blog, maybe instructional material to help drive adoption of your product
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses