IT Helpdesk Technician
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
We are looking for a driven and customer-centric individual to join our IT Help Desk team. Our goal is to provide excellent technical support with outstanding customer service and timeliness to our team. The ideal candidate will share a passion for problem solving while delivering an exceptional support experience to maintain a high bar for customer satisfaction.
In this role, you will play a crucial part in enabling the Coalition team by resolving their technical challenges. You will act as the first point of contact for our internal team. We are looking for a self motivated and dependable Helpdesk Tech who is passionate about IT support.
You will collaborate closely with key stakeholders such as the People team to deliver an exceptional onboarding experience. You will lead weekly IT onboarding sessions to educate our employees on IT best practices and our corporate tech stack. You will collaborate closely with the IT Engineering and InfoSec teams to elevate the technology experience at Coalition.
- Answer and respond to all help desk tickets, emails, and IT support slack channels
- Track and monitor requests, incidents, and problems to ensure timely resolution that is compliant with the team’s SLA targets
- Assist with employee onboarding and offboarding processes to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Lead weekly IT onboarding sessions for new joiners
- Assist customers with technical problems related to Apple MacBooks, monitors, and bluetooth enabled devices such as wireless keyboards and mice
- Assist customers with their technical issues in corporate SaaS applications like Google Workspace, Okta, Slack, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Support onsite meeting room equipment (Google Meet & Zoom) and other office hardware such as printers and network equipment
- Document IT help desk team processes and customer facing knowledge base articles
- Support computer repair requests and facilitate loaners for damaged computers
- Assist with any other tasks or projects as assigned by IT Manager
- Collaborate regularly with IT Engineering and InfoSec teams to deliver on project goals and improve the IT experience
Skills and Qualifications
- Located in the Provo or Salt Lake City UT area.
- 1-2 years of combined experience in IT Help Desk/IT Support Specialist related roles
- Passionate about collaborating and problem solving
- Capable of troubleshooting and resolving hardware & software problems on macOS
- Capable of supporting SaaS applications like Google Workspace, Okta, Duo, Slack, JIRA, Confluence, Office365, 1Password.
- Prioritize excellent customer service via Slack, help desk tickets, and virtual meetings
- Must be well spoken, organized, detailed-oriented, dependable and flexible
- Capable of troubleshooting WiFi and VPN connectivity problems
- Working knowledge of ticketing systems like Jira, Zendesk, etc.
- Some college coursework or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Great awareness of IT security best practices
- Track record of identifying opportunities to improve processes and implementing lasting solutions
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses