Senior Salesforce Engineer
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
- Develop solutions on the Salesforce platform for various operation teams
- Collaborate with engineering teams on design, architecture, infrastructure, and implementation
- Build and manage integrations between Salesforce and other applications
- Partner with Salesforce Administrators and other product owners to design scalable and secure solutions
- Gather requirements, design, test, and document requested features
- Manage our Salesforce devops and use CI/CD pipeline tools to manage code versions and push code to multiple environments
- Manage releases to Salesforce -- both our updates as well as Salesforce's releases
- Support all end users including resolving bugs and managing incidents
Skills and Qualifications
- 4 years+ Salesforce development skills and platform knowledge
- Deep understanding and experience with all aspects of Salesforce development including Apex, SOQL and lightning components
- Salesforce's various APIs including REST, Bulk, SOAP, and Metadata
- Version control tools and processes to facilitate continuous improvement
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively
- communicate with both business and technical teams
- Ability to work as a team which includes participation in solution reviews with peer developers, administrators and end users
- Understanding of agile development methodology and project management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- A combination of education and experience may meet qualifications
- Experience with the financial service cloud (FSC)
- Experience with CRMA including the querying language SAQL
- Ability to write integrations with various financial platforms such as Netsuite
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $117,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $190,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses