Senior Manager, Insurance Operations
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
Coalition is looking for a hands-on Senior Insurance Operations Manager who will be responsible for building and managing repeatable and scalable programs and strategies for the insurance team across all broker and policyholder touchpoints including underwriting, customer success, renewals, and claims.This role will identify data-backed opportunities and develop processes and workflows to grow our revenue and reduce our costs. You will work closely with the business stakeholders to understand current processes, and opportunities to improve workflows. You will be expected to evangelize operational improvements within the business units and monitor/report to senior leadership on the impact from the changes.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation across the customer experience, Customer Success, Underwriting, Renewals, and Claims functions
- Collaborate with the sales team to improve cost-effectiveness across all business units.
- Improve decision-making and develop new policies and procedures to reduce operational inefficiencies
- Lead the design and delivery of data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business operational decision
- Leverage analytics (and AI) to drive efficiency, identifying areas for improvement and building execution plans
- Identify areas to automate workflows, drive execution and adoption, measure results, and continue to iterate
- Identify opportunities & proactively pursue initiatives for how we can drive stronger collaboration across insurance teams to ensure a seamless customer experience and drive efficiency
- Drive improvements in automation, queue management, and operational discipline across platforms
- Identify and drive efficiency by developing best practices and process improvements on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with Sales, Renewals Underwriting, and Customer Success teams to ensure smooth broker hand-offs
- Leverages churn and retention data to identify further opportunities for enhancements.
- Map and automate broker journeys to remove friction between various departments and teams at Coalition
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years in ops, sales ops, growth, or related area
- 3+ years developing operational processes to drive efficiency gains and key metrics across customer success, sales, and other functions
- Clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration
- Proven experience to develop strategy AND implement day-to-day tactics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication experience
- Outstanding results orientation with a consistent track record in driving business impact
- Strong propensity to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data into actionable insights about the customer, the channel, and the business
- Outstanding work ethic, strong attention to detail, and accountability
- Comfort with change in a startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $114,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $178,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses