Principal Enterprise Security Engineer
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
- Identify and develop Coalition’s Enterprise security roadmap applying a mature understanding of business risk, attacker techniques, and mitigation strategies
- Partner with cross-functional teams to assess and address security risks to Coalition’s enterprise hardware and SaaS environments
- Engineer innovative solutions to improve security while enabling employees
- Develop and implement an enterprise detection strategy through threat analysis, SIEM implementation, and high-quality detection engineering
- Drive adoption of state-of-the-art security solutions such as device identity, zero trust networking, and FIDO2 MFA
- Monitor corporate systems for security breaches or suspicious activities. Develop response plans and respond to incidents
- Build mechanisms for achieving compliance objectives (e.g. GDP, ISO 27001) while minimizing manual toil
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- Experience turning knowledge of the threat landscape and attacker methods into a long-term strategy and plan for enterprise security
- Strong project management and engineering skills to lead and implement security initiatives requiring engagement from multiple business and engineering teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate complex security concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience evaluating and implementing modern security tools (e.g EDR, Detection-as-Code) and protecting SaaS applications (e.g. Duo, Okta, Google, AWS)
- Experience preparing, detecting, and responding to complex security incidents
- Experience implementing data-loss prevention (DLP) strategies
- Demonstrated history of using code to solve security problems (e.g. Python, Go, Terraform)
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure and service platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience with SIEM selection and implementation
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $125,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $205,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses