Associate Business Development Manager
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
- Develop and mentor the Associate BD team to excel in Insurance Business Development
- Collaborate with the Inside Sales team to strengthen relationships with brokerage partners and customers
- Drive growth trajectory of key agencies by fostering strategic partnerships
- Cultivate highly effective sales relationships with key agency stakeholders
- Exceed new business targets, create a robust sales pipeline, and successfully close business deals
- Manage all post-sales activities for Coalition’s broker partners, including relationship-building, product knowledge sharing, planning, and execution
- Assume ownership of brokers' satisfaction with Coalition’s services, ensuring their success and resolving any issues that may arise
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Coalition's solutions (insurance and technology) and effectively communicate relevant features and functionality to brokers based on their business needs
- Identify potential risks that may hinder brokers from achieving their business goals and proactively work toward resolution
- Monitor performance trends in Coalition adoption and utilization, guiding brokers during periodic Success Reviews
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in commercial insurance sales or account management (cyber insurance preferred).
- Prior experience in managing a team of growth-oriented individuals.
- Exceptional in-person, phone, and written communication skills with both customers and colleagues
- Proficiency in making formal and informal presentations to staff and clients
- Strong computer skills are required, with knowledge of CRM systems considered a plus
- Self-motivated with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and terminologies
- Current P&C (property & casualty) license
- Familiarity with Cyber Liability and Technology E&O (errors & omissions).
- Familiarity with retailer and wholesale brokers
- Familiarity with D&O/EPL
- RPLU or similar designation
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $90,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $140,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses