Director, Talent Operations
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
We are seeking a strategic and experienced Director of Talent Operations to join our team. As the Director, you will lead and oversee all aspects of talent operations, planning & programs. This is a hands-on role where you will be instrumental in developing and executing strategies to attract top talent while ensuring operational excellence and alignment with the company's goals.
- Recruitment Operations
- Lead the Talent Operations team to develop & execute the overall strategy to raise the talent bar at Coalition
- Build recruiting programs and projects aimed at optimizing team member capabilities, delivering a best-in-class hiring experience, and scaling our services for long term global growth
- Partner with FP&A and our Talent Insights leader on reconciling headcount budget
- Planning & Strategy Design
- Drive hiring programs focused on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and University Relations
- Up-level our OKR planning and implement workflows to seamlessly track metrics, goals and success criteria
- Partner with our Marketing Team to elevate our employer brand and social media presence on LinkedIn, Glassdoor and other key channels
- Recruitment Selection Process
- Partner with Recruiting Leadership to evaluate our structured interviewing process and design programs to consistently improve the selection criteria & candidate evaluation flow
- Drive initiatives to stay compliant with pay-transparency laws, hiring practices, etc.
- Collaborate with Recruiting & Leadership to design & implement systems to optimize interview training, hiring manager best practices and candidate experience
- Talent Insights
- Partner with our Talent Insights leader to utilize a data-oriented approach to drive strategic decisions across the Talent Team
- Help craft the narrative behind our data & metrics to drive key take-a-ways
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience of 10+ years in a leadership role within Talent Acquisition or Recruitment Operations, with a focus on strategic planning and program development
- Prior experience in Recruiting within a tech driven, high-growth environment
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing recruitment strategies, programs, and projects that have raised the talent bar and contributed to organizational growth
- Strong expertise in modern recruitment technology stacks: Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter, Gem, Ashby, Goodtime and more
- Experience in leading and developing high-performing teams, with a track record of mentoring and motivating talent operations professionals to achieve exceptional results
- Knowledge of best practices in University Relations, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, Employment Branding, Interview Training, and OKR planning
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with executive leadership and cross-functional teams to drive consensus and implement impactful talent acquisition strategies
- Strong project management skills with the ability to drive complex projects into concise, actionable solutions and manages ongoing milestone achievement
- Data-driven mindset with a proficiency in utilizing talent insights and analytics to inform decision-making and drive continuous improvement within the Talent Team
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- High level of adaptability and agility in navigating a fast-paced, high-growth environment while maintaining a focus on achieving strategic objectives
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition’s individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 - $230,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses