Senior People Insights Analyst
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
Our People team is looking for a collaborative and adaptable individual with a passion for building people-related insights that power the employee lifecycle and support the team through growth. This role is a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the Coalition experience through designing people analytics related infrastructure, in alignment with Coalition’s values, to ultimately influence and inform business decisions. In this role you will have an opportunity to combine depth of analysis with compelling storytelling to inform leaders and our people practitioners across the organization.
- Partner with the broader People Team and other stakeholders to understand workforce themes, drivers, and outcomes related to attrition, span of control, quality of hire, diversity, etc.
- Implement strategic workforce planning using performance analysis, skill gaps analysis, and predictive analysis in order to present findings to senior leaders and HR practitioners
- Conduct research on trends and best practices to drive our long-term people strategy and effectiveness
- Educate leaders and influence business decisions that support the strategic people related objectives of the organization
- Build a foundation of analytical capabilities for the People Team that educate and empower them with advanced analytic methods and insights using Workday and other leading BI tools
- Define People metrics, including attrition, hiring, span of control, workforce modeling and translating them into actionable outcomes (ie. org design, attrition hotspots to lookout for, diversity outcomes)
- Identify any data discrepancies and oversee data hygiene for people analytics to ensure accuracy and clean data
- Leverage data within Culture Amp to surface insights related to our overall employee listening strategy
- Drive data-driven people decisions and mindset across the company
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in analytical/quantitative business or HR functions
- Deep expertise in Workday and Business Intelligence tools such as: Looker, Google Data Studio, Tableau, or Microsoft PowerBI
- Demonstrable advanced skills in presentation development (PowerPoint/Google Slides) and data narration / storytelling
- Demonstrable analytics expertise in Workday and Culture Amp to provide operational reporting and strategic insights
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to confidently present data-centric topics to spectrums of audiences
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition’s individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $107,000 - $167,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses