Executive Risks Manager (Insurance and Special Projects)
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
In the Executive Risks - Insurance Products and Special Projects role, you will lead a variety of strategic, analytical, and operational projects to enhance carrier relationships, build insurance operations, and launch new insurance products. You will partner with senior leaders, external carrier partners, and cross functional teams to drive and support our Executive Risks / Management Liability growth efforts while managing and strengthening our most important relationships.
Accordingly, we are looking for a highly talented and organized individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment to join our team. Candidates should have excelled at an (re)insurance broker or carrier, or related field; or demonstrated a keen interest in risk management industries. We are looking for a proactive individual who takes ownership over initiatives and drives execution with limited oversight.
- Work cross functionally with product, engineering, and insurance teams to drive efficiencies and enable quality control through automation and process
- Manage and lead day-to-day interactions with carrier partners on variety of product, growth, and compliance areas
- Assist and coordinate creation of policy forms, endorsements, and rating models on new and existing products
- Guide carrier audits, respond to ad hoc requests, and perform related analysis
- Synthesize data to identify and disseminate KPIs and trends that translate into actionable insights
- Effectively collaborate and communicate analyses, results, and insights with internal and external teams
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management abilities combined with impeccable business judgment. Experience executing strategic and operational initiatives
- Highly organized and systemic approach to identifying and solving problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial, and value points with partners and internal Coalition teams
- Self-directed and self-motivated; excellent communicator and collaborator
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $109,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $165,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses